Sarah Palin- Healthcare Czar

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mercor, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Are you not arguing that health costs to the Federal budget could be offset by spending cuts?

#21     Sep 9, 2009
  2. Faster troop withdrawal may save $1 trillion

By Rick Maze - Staff writer
    Posted : Saturday Sep 5, 2009 10:15:43 EDT

A speedier withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq and Afghanistan would shave $1.1 trillion off the budget in the next decade, a new congressional budget projection says.

That would be a sizeable cut in defense-related spending from 2010 through 2019, which the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates at $7.4 trillion.
    http://www.armytimes.com/news/2009/09/military_troopwithdrawals_cost_090309w/

interesting how close the one trillion in war spending we could save is to the estimated 1.1 trillion cost of healthcare reform over 10 years.

#22     Sep 9, 2009
  3. not that many blacks but this state is home to many indian reservations that live in the same,or worse, economic class as the inner city blacks. racism is rampant here too.

#23     Sep 9, 2009
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Not exactly. I was countering this assertion, from Palin's piece: "And we know that allowing government health-care spending to continue at current rates will only add to our ever-expanding deficit..."

#24     Sep 9, 2009
  5. Sounds horrible, but isn't that company already subject to state regulation?

I think I would like the government to mandate a uniform disclosure template, so consumers could compare apples to apples. What will end up happening though is that various special interests will lobby to have coverage for their particular specialty mandated. Then we all end up paying a fortune so that expensive stays at addiction centers is covered,etc.

#25     Sep 9, 2009
  6. Ricter

Ricter

"Always"...

Really?? And can a person be "anti-anti-diversity", without being pro-diversity?

#26     Sep 9, 2009
  7. Pabst, you are like Rush. When you hit a topic, there is not a lot left to say on the subject.

You make a great point about surging education costs. Obama wants the government to underwrite more of the cost of college, which of course will result in tuition and fees going up even more. The universities will just pocket that extra money.

Democrats have no interest in holding down education spending. In fact, they take pride in increasing it. Anyone hwo thinks we can;t save a ton of money on education has not seen new schools lately. Public high schools have state of the art health clubs, pools, artificial turf athletic fields, etc. They spent $500k in Dc to build an artficial turf soccer field for a middle school. A middle school! This is the worst school system in the country, where they are chronically short textbooks,etc, despite the Department of Education being larded with hundreds of highly paid "administrators." And they can afford that kind of extravagance?

Stepping onto a university campus is like going to an expensive resort. They have every known extravagance from athletic facilites to golf courses to hundred million dollar facilities for sports teams, etc etc. Professors barely do any workand spendmost of their time trolling for grants. Administrators are paid like investment bankers.

#27     Sep 9, 2009
  8. like rush,its bs. i dont think education costs went up 50% in the last two years. that is what my blue cross insurance has gone up

#28     Sep 9, 2009
  9. Cesko

Cesko

We do not know that about government health-care spending. It does not follow, because it implicitly assumes a premise, that health-care spending is the only government spending.

Actually we do. Medicare spending rose 30% faster than the rest of HC spending during last few years. So while maggot POTUS (and the rest) tell us government option will cut costs, government option is already major factor in driving HC costs higher.

Regardless, is it actually possible that there are people (adults!!) who believe that government will be able to cut HC costs without affecting negatively (in any way) health-care????

Whatever you are smoking pass it over to me, I'll sure like a hit!!!

#29     Sep 9, 2009
  10. All I had to do is read the very first post and typical unintelligent claim above by the resident ET "P&R" forum clown . . . and I just KNEW that it had to be from Mercor.

Palin for 2012
    She has saved the Union!!!
    :D

#30     Sep 9, 2009