Sarah Palin Has Voted Repeatedly to Use Tax Dollars To Promote Abstinence Education

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 2, 2008.

1. cuz69

cuz69

#21     Sep 2, 2008
  2. So she is open to an investigation?

How bout getting that done B4 the election, eh?

Is the McCain campaign afraid of an 'October surprise' involving vice-presidential pick Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska?

The Alaska state senator running an investigation of Gov. Palin says the McCain campaign is using stall tactics to prevent him from releasing his final report by Oct. 31, four days before the November election.

"It's likely to be damaging to the Governor," said Senator Hollis French, a Democrat, appointed the project manager for a bi-partisan State Senate Legislative Counsel Committee investigation of claims that Palin abused her office to get the Alaska public safety commissioner, Walt Monegan, fired.

An Anchorage Daily News story suggests that Palin's lawyer is helping stall the investigation. He's trying to get the probe into the hands of a governor-appointed board:

The state has hired a private lawyer to represent Gov. Sarah Palin's office in the Legislature's investigation into the firing of former Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan. The lawyer already has challenged whether lawmakers even have authority to oversee the inquiry.

Van Flein said the investigation should be handled by the state Personnel Board, not the Legislature, because it's "statutorily mandated" to handle ethics cases. The three-member Personnel Board is appointed by the governor.

And he's making it difficult for Special Counsel Steve Branchflower to interview Palin:

Branchflower hasn't been able to set up an interview with Palin. French said the state will fly Branchflower to wherever Palin is on the campaign trail if needed.

"Clearly the governor's new political role will make it more challenging for her to make time for this investigation," French wrote. But Palin needs to be interviewed sometime in September, he said.

Van Flein said the investigation is "bad timing" in the middle of a presidential campaign. He said he couldn't guarantee her availability this month.

If witnesses don't become available, French says, he'll ask for subpoenas.

#22     Sep 2, 2008
  3. She can't manage her own kids and family, but she is capable of running the country?

Oy vey...

#23     Sep 2, 2008
  4. Let us face the facts shall we.

If Palin were a democrat, conservatives would be having a field day. Her inadequacies and bad judgment as a mother would be plastered everywhere.

You are carrying a child with special needs and yet traipse around the nation on low level meetings even after your water breaks? Give me a fucking break. What terrible judgment.

Rush, O'Reilly, Coulter would be on TV 24/7 pointing out how her family IS a issue because she is running on a "family values" platform.

But then again, neocons are irrational hypocritical creatures. There is a reason the label 20th percentile imbecile is applied to them.

One thing for sure. In the US, your looks, irrespective of experience or accomplishments, can get you to the worlds most powerful job.

What a sad statement on american values.

#24     Sep 2, 2008
  5. OK have to reply.

Lots of you guys think I am a neo nazi.

HAVE TO YELL YOU AGAIN LIBERTARIAN.

LEAVE THE GIRL ALONE!!!!!

She is of age in Alaska. Leave her ALONE.

I would say the same with BO's kids if they were old enough.

Pathetic gentlemen.

Jay Halford

My REAL email:

jayhalford@hotmail.com

Wanna get into a pissing issue about this asshole? Bring it on...

No, I don't like Mac....

#25     Sep 2, 2008
  6. dsq

dsq

dont you find it disturbing that within 1 family a 45 yr old mother and a 17 yr old daughter are getting pregnant?
    Its gross and dysfunctional.
    Obviously some people have control issues over their family and their urges and have a lot of gall to preach about abstinence to others while they have a good roll in the hay.Her future son in law ihas boasted and admitted that he is "fuckin redneck".

Trailer park not the white house is what comes to mind with this class act.

#26     Sep 2, 2008
  7. no.

Leave the family alone.

Leave Obama's family alone also.

#27     Sep 2, 2008
  8. Trailer Park?

You really don't want want to go there.

Besides the fact that I have degrees from the best on Earth (three of them )....

Some of my friends do their best.

Chill.

#28     Sep 2, 2008
  9. The question is whether there's an extreme double standard in place - it's not about what you or I say; it's about what Ann Coulter would be saying had this been Obama or Biden's 17 year old daughter.

Would Limbaugh, Rove or Coulter not be all over this issue, using it as a line of political attack, to score points?

#29     Sep 2, 2008
  10. dsq

dsq

what was that ramble?
    dyslexia?
    If you dont find it disturbing and gross that a pregnant 17 yr old being forced to marry the father who calls himself a "fuckin redneck", then i feel sorry for you.

#30     Sep 3, 2008