Sarah Palin 'furious' at Bristol's new boyfriend

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, May 25, 2011.

1. Larson

Larson Guest

Basically this boils down to a black kid dating an Eskimo.

#21     May 25, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

So you lost the subtle battle that was playing out in this thread. I'm disappointed it occurred so quickly, it could have been fun.

#22     May 25, 2011
  3. sorry, i am too blunt sometimes.

still my point is that, contrary to OP's insinuation, the "furious" rumor could be false and in fact Palin may have a more opportunistic point of view.

#23     May 25, 2011
  4. There should be no reason to think that this would hurt her cred with the tea party.I'm sure nobody in the tea party would have a problem with their daughters dating a fine young man like the guy Bristol is dating

#24     May 25, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

How do you know he's a "fine young man"? I have to ask, I have never watched the show they were on.

#25     May 25, 2011
  6. He had very good manners on dancing with the stars.No reports of a criminal record .Unlike Bristols baby father he has a job,no kids out of wed lock,didn't pose for playgirl,doesn't sell negative stories about the Palins to the press etc.Definitely an upgrade from the guy who knocked her up and doesn't want to pay child support imo

#26     May 25, 2011
  7. If I had a daughter I'd prefer that she not date that boy because he isn't white. I value my cultural, ethnic, and racial identity. Just like most blacks get upset if their child brings home a white girl, indians flip a shit if their son wants to marry a white girl, chinese and japanese sometimes threaten disowning their children if they intermarry sometimes, and arabic people will even kill their children over it. It's a common theme which is very well trodden across all racial groups. For some reason it's only portrayed as "racist" when white people feel this way.

Well, I wouldn't react as extreme as any of those examples. I would try to explain to my daughter why cultural, ethnic, and racial heritage are meaningful to me, and why I think they should be to her too. It's not about hating other people, it's about loving your own people. It's the most natural thing in the world, yet only taboo for white people ... I'm not afraid to say so, because I know hate has nothing to do with why I feel this way.

#27     May 25, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'd probably be disappointed. What with him being a short fat kid and all.

So he doesn't grope his dance partners huh? Well maybe I wouldn't be so disappointed after all.

#28     May 25, 2011
  9. He's still young,he could gain a few inches in height and losing a few pounds isn't to difficult.If that happened would you approve ?

#29     May 25, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Sounds like Sarah should be relieved.

#30     May 25, 2011