Sarah Palin - Dick Cheney with Training Wheels?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by brocklanders, Sep 3, 2008.

1. "She's not very tolerant of divergent opinions or open to outside ideas
    or compromise. As Mayor, she fought ideas that weren't generated by
    her or her staff. Ideas weren't evaluated on their merits, but on the
    basis of who proposed them.

While Sarah was Mayor of Wasilla she tried to fire our highly respected
    City Librarian because the Librarian refused to consider removing from
    the library some books that Sarah wanted removed."

Comment starts with "ABOUT SARAH PALIN"

http://www.washingtonindependent.com/3671/the-reform-candidate

2. It's always refreshing to see reasonable people from all ideologies point to truth.

Palin can no longer choose the luxury of claiming 'foul.' Her record is fair game now, in all its splendid glory.

People expecting privacy who accept VP nominations should be aware of the scrutiny they will face, and they can't have it both ways.

I personally, admittedly after only a few days of getting to know her record (only because she was relatively obscure), have found Palin to be one of the most dogmatic, least flexible and most extreme ideologues of any politician on the American political scene today - not things that are enviable, desirable or productive traits for a politician in a pluralistic democracy, IMO.

3. kut2k2

kut2k2

I just hope Joe doesn't go easy on her because she's a chick. She deserves a righteous smackdown, all within the rules of the debate of course.

4. This lady "Anne" who wrote the letter about Palin has asked that her letter be forwarded to friends, but not put on website because she was concerned of crazy people (Becasue she provided her e-mail in the letter) But someone put it on a website. So it is worth to look at the link brocklanders provided, and read "Annes" comments. Seems to be no propoganda or rumor in her letter. "Anne" claims to know Palin very well for many, many years, and lives in Wasila Alaska. "Anne" also was part of effort to save the job of the librarian who Palin tried to fire because Palin did not like some books offered at the library. (censorship by Palin?)
    No one knows for sure if anything on internet is true, but "Annes" letter seems genuine to me.