Saraf's Personal trading log

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Saraf, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Cambist

Cambist

#11     Jan 8, 2008
  2. Saraf

Saraf

Already did, took a reading into it and answered you at "Given up" thread.

#12     Jan 8, 2008
  3. superalf

superalf

Hi Saraf,

My portfolio is very similar to yours, except I'm not using the Cornerstone strategy. They don't offer it on the FXDD side of FX Auto. But all the others from your portfolio I.

It hasn't gone bad for me, and I started about 3 months ago. The first two months were mostly flat, and last month was good, a 6% return. Note that I did not start off with all these strategies. I started only with the Team Aphid strategy, and slowly would add more strategies every month.

I wish the best of luck, and I will definitely stay tuned on your thread.

Don't listen to all the naysayers out there. They have nothing better to do than to complain and spout negative comments and try to discourage others. I think that one can make money through Fx Auto. The trick is not only to pick the right strategies (and sticking to them, not switching every time there's a DD), but more importantly to have sound money management.

It's very easy to pick 100 strategies that look great on a $1000 account, with the $$ lighting up in your eyes. Then two weeks later your account is broke because of gross overleverage.

And when I say picking good strategies, I don't mean just picking the top ones. I try to find ones with a good profit ratio, so they should have low DD relative to profit. It all depends on how much DD you can stomach.

But I definitely think that many people do not profit with FX Auto because of psychology. They drop one strategy that looked great on paper just because it had a horrible month, just before it makes all its losses back the next month. And I'm speaking from experience, because I have been there myself. Once you learn to be patient and to not freak out when there is a period of DD, you will see your efforts pay off. The hard part is knowing whether a system is just going through draw downs or if the system has failed and is no longer valid.

#13     Jan 8, 2008
  4. Saraf

Saraf

#14     Jan 9, 2008
  5. superalf

superalf

Wow, that is impressive. They have a 3.64 profit factor! I think I had not considered them before due to the low number of trades, as this can skew the stats sometimes. I usually only add system that have over 30 trades at least. I will definitely keep an eye on this one, for when it crosses the 30 trade barrier.

Thanks for bringing this one to my attention!

#15     Jan 9, 2008
  6. Saraf

Saraf

I Have been Asked to post my portfolio and leverage as it is at the moment so see attached

(please note current balance is 4458.38$, so leverage has decreased since opening)

#16     Jan 9, 2008
  7. Cambist

Cambist

Saraf, have you had a problem with TAB eur/usd signals today? It seems there was a double signal sent. I may have to get on the phone with FXCM.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed you aren't running their EUR/USD signal.

#17     Jan 9, 2008
  8. Saraf

Saraf

Checked it out they are having some technical problem that they are already working on that is causing entery orders not to be canceled. basicly double exposure when the entery open.
    both fx-auto and fxcm are aware of this it seems.

#18     Jan 9, 2008
  9. fx-auto

fx-auto ET Sponsor

Hi Cambist,
    Yes, there was some double entry on EURUSD.
    If you are affected contact us and we will get you fixed up.

#19     Jan 10, 2008
  10. Saraf

Saraf

Account week 2 (1/6/2008-1/13/2008)
    End of week balance: 4712.8 $
    End of week Equity: 4917.43 $
    Open Positions: 2
    Week Profit/Loss: 660.56 $

Open positions:
    CSZ GBP/JPY Sell 216.960
    (1/8/2008 05:03) Pip P/L: 393.6
    CSZ GBP/JPY Buy 214.630