Santelli calls for Mtg Revolution

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by IanMacQuaide, Feb 19, 2009.

1. not to sidetrack, but i know a few people who think they're capitalists and have john lennon's song 'Imagine' as their personal anthem

lennon said in an interview that it was pretty much straight the communist manifesto

#41     Feb 19, 2009
  2. I don't hear any ideas from the idea-bashing heads on here. And don't forget that the people Rick is revolting against paid taxes at one point, if not currently, so save the righteousness for someone who doesn't know any better.

I love Rick, I think he's by far the brightest person on CNBC, but he can do better than that. Liesman on the other hand was more logical in his points. (I can't believe I just said that...God forgive me.)

He claims it's un-american. Is it American to have predatory lending?

He claims the problem will go away when Supply and Demand balances out. Where exactly will the demand for homes come from? And even if there's demand, who wants to sell their properties to lock in the losses...homeowners, Banks? You tell me.

He screams that the plan involves trillions of tax payer, the number is 75 billion. He's only off by 92.5%...no biggie!

I suppose the age of sane individual thinking is forever gone. Just because Rick made for good TV doesn't make his point valid.

There's a plan on the table, it may work. It's definitely better than doing nothing.

#42     Feb 19, 2009
  3. CNBC may be finding out who may be their audience. They have poll about Rick's Tea party on CNBC.com. They already have 78k responses.

These internet polls may be unscientific but that is more responses than you see on most web sites such as ESPN or newspaper sites.

#43     Feb 19, 2009
  4. Stosh

Stosh

In many situations it is better to do NOTHING than something. It is very possible that this is one of those times. We will never know for sure.

#44     Feb 19, 2009
  5. dave74

dave74

What's surprising is the amount of people who DON'T have stock_trad3r on ignore.

Put him on ignore and don't waste any more of your time.

#45     Feb 20, 2009
  6. The majority of those now unable to pay their obligations were never deserving of home ownership.

Maybe a cardboard box [​IMG] under the bridge, just maybe.

We financed a bunch of imbeciles who ALSO overpaid at the behest of those scum in the real estate business who told them their shacks would only go up.

A pox on all their houses.

pun intended.

#46     Feb 20, 2009