Santa Clause Rally=Much Higher=More Records

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Dec 7, 2006.

1. EPrado

EPrado

Hopefully things will pick up in Jan.....everyday the dow is up/down 30 points.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....boring.....what we need is some huge selling to shake things up....this bull mkt of going up 25-30 points each day is putting me to sleep...will be much more opportunity when things get rattled...

#51     Dec 7, 2006
  2. I show crude front month up 41 cents, and thats realtime data, not delayed.

#52     Dec 7, 2006
  3. Agree - too much cash sitting in money markets and too much M&A and stock buy back going on. Tremendous value gap with record earnings sustainment. This bull wants to run.

The only issue that still bothers me is housing. But rates are way down so I think those using their homes as an ATM can refinance conventionally and beat adjustable rate resets and be better off. Given our immigration rate our inventory problem may be offset by wealthy foreigners cashing into cheap dollars and relocating to the safety of the US or buying cheap housing options here.

Hell, I am even tempted to unlock about a mill in stranded real estate equity myself and put it to work in this market. The little devil on my shoulder is telling me "it's better than sitting idle non-productively with no sales offers or renting it out at 70% of carrying costs". Hmmm, scratch that idea. My wife would so own me if I got in that deep. But on the other hand, she would just love it if I leveraged that into a shiny new Mercedes or BMW by the end of the year. :D Hmmm, hmmmm ... what's that old ditty? "Bulls and bears make money but pigs get slaughtered" or was it "no guts no glory"? Hmmm...

BUY BUY BUY!

TS

#53     Dec 7, 2006
  4. Your right volatility in the Dow has be on the down slide for the last 4 months. Its starting to buck up a little on the 10 day.

#54     Dec 7, 2006
  5. This is the lowest the 100 day historic volatility has been in a long time

#55     Dec 7, 2006
  6. What an annoying color scheme.

#56     Dec 7, 2006
  7. Its a canned worksheet, it is a bit bright but it shows the current and the forward months, here is another window, but just shows the current.

#57     Dec 7, 2006

8. Lets see you layout.

#58     Dec 7, 2006
  9. romik

romik

Can I ask you what's the need for the BT, do you still only trade YM?

#59     Dec 7, 2006
  10. Whats the need? because I want it. I was long beans till a few day ago. I am getting ready to get long Crude. I also am looking at shorting the ten year, anything else?

#60     Dec 7, 2006