Santa Clause Rally=Much Higher=More Records

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Dec 7, 2006.

1. EPrado

EPrado

Thats gonna be an expensive hat if this keeps up my friend.

Honestly....I dont give a rats arse if the mkt goes up or down. We need volatility. The Vix over 15 would be a nice christmas present.....

#41     Dec 7, 2006

2. Got it, get ready for blast off, buy buy buy, greedy is good.

#42     Dec 7, 2006
  3. Vix @ 15 thats a super stong buy indicator.

#43     Dec 7, 2006
  4. EPrado

EPrado

Yes....I would expect if the vix gets back to 15, the mkt would have had a nice pullback...probably a good time to get long....

need some volatility with some follow through..would be nice....

#44     Dec 7, 2006
  5. Amen - this low vix is seriously screwing with my income strategy of writing credit spreads rather than working for a living. It's about time for a large contrarian news bombshell to get things stirred up again...

TS

#45     Dec 7, 2006
  6. romik

romik

I personally disagree, let's not forget that you, Mymini, have recently considered it 'crazy' to buy at these levels. There seems to be a domination of people convinced that the run will go on for a while yet, perhaps it will, but before it might, I think there will be a pullback, which will be sudden and will catch quite a few off guard, just look at the daily chart and there is triple divergence and even though weekly is bullish, that signal on daily will/might trigger a temporary reverse. Be careful.

#46     Dec 7, 2006
  7. Well that sure was an ugly finish.

#47     Dec 7, 2006
  8. pv150

pv150

minicontrarianindicator is on a tear... oil is down and so are the market leaders.. anything else you like?

#48     Dec 7, 2006

9. Yes I have seen that not quite triple divergence in the Dow, we need to make another high, then it will be a triple divergence.

I am a firm believer that fund managers are going to buy this market till year end regardless.

#49     Dec 7, 2006
  10. romik

romik

I think it makes more sense NOT to participate on the long side at these levels, unless position initiated a while back. Again, I haven't got any idea regarding a specific level at which a pullback will happen, but it looks awfully close on the S&P500.

#50     Dec 7, 2006