Santa Claus trading rally in Dec 2008?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by B. Rowshan, Dec 8, 2008.

Is a Santa Claus rally coming in Dec 2008?

1. Yes, onward and upward to maybe S&P 1000

35 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. No, not this year

31 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. hey rowshan--go lie out in the snow and get trampled by santa's sled

28 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. richrf

richrf

The Shorts are testing the waters. Maybe there is still some money to be made on the downside. Current news continues to be bad, but the market is not reacting in a knee jerk down move. Caution on both sides. I am waiting, watching, and ready to scoop up shares when I see the elephants coming out of the jungle and ready to stampede again. I don't think Shorts want to be in the way.

#31     Dec 9, 2008
  2. The OIH is +5.7% in the first hour of trading and the KOL is +4.3% as well.

These stocks are SURGING on top of YESTERDAY'S gains and many have chart patterns that are bottoming, technically.

:cool:

#32     Dec 9, 2008
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Any more predictions? How about S&P 500 hits 500 before it reaches 950? :D

#33     Dec 9, 2008
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

Uh, these ET polls are usually contrarian indicators. Especially when the current crop of shorts sound as naive and confident as house flippers in 2006 or long-only oil traders last summer. ("This is just a blip" "The bear market will continue another 5 years, etc.")

#34     Dec 9, 2008
  5. Most of those you listed are 100 times the trader you will ever be. They've probably forgotten more than you'll ever learn, and they certainly wouldn't waste their time stalking a yambag like yourself.

I don't include myself in that list, because unlike yourself, I am aware of what I do not yet know.

You're just a blowhard. No big deal, there are millions like you.

#35     Dec 9, 2008
  6. Mvic

Mvic

As I have mentioned many times before the SOX has been a relaible indicator of where the market is heading the past year or so, its indicating that this rally has legs.

#36     Dec 9, 2008
  7. Personally, I'm waiting for the S+P to break 920 - convincingly.

#37     Dec 9, 2008
  8. That's strange, the fact is ALL of those have followed me over ET for many years trashing my threads. All are guilty of multiple (100+) postings on my threads over a period of years.

I know I have had a career that trounces each and every one of them. Guaranteed. None of those are in my league. Unfortunately, you're just a jealous sick puppy who now follows me around as well. I know jealousy sucks but this is ridiculous ivan. Please go home rover and allow me to have my trading thread on ET.

#38     Dec 9, 2008
  9. The fact that they laugh at you in your threads doesn't make them obsessed.

It just makes you unpopular.

#39     Dec 9, 2008
  10. "Their threads" ?? I've never posted on any of their threads. They post on mine.

And they don't "laugh". They always complain and beg that my threads should be deleted, or sent to chit chat. That's not laughing. That's jealousy.

#40     Dec 9, 2008