Santa Claus Rally began on Black Friday 11/23

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chewbacca, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Wow my posts provide no value? For the love of Pete, you have almost 5000 posts, and the value all those posts provide? You are a one way paper investor. I've been trading in one fashion or another since 1993. I interned on the floor while I was in college. Just because I happen to disagree with 99% of your posts makes me annoying? You absolutely refuse to give any other opinion on the market any merit. What if we are already in a bear market? Do you know for sure that were not? I'm not sure, but I play both sides all day everyday, so I don't really care. There obviously are credit problems in the system. The consumer is NOT in great shape. People no longer have the refi ATM option, alot are underwater on the house, and bought too much house in the first place. Profits have more than likely peaked for this cycle (yes there are still cycles in the economy). The fed has already cut rates twice, plus injected the system with around 100 BILLION or so, and the market is lower. Yup I can why its time to get long. Sheesh, you have a lot to learn.

#31     Nov 26, 2007
  2. it would seem so ... let me re-phrase ... i would hope so !!!

#32     Nov 26, 2007
  3. gobar

gobar

might get rally before the close...

right now dow down 60 pts...

watch out Fre n FNm, they were @ historic lows just half hr ago...

#33     Nov 26, 2007
  4. Last friday had the makings of a 300 point rally, but it was cut short.

#34     Nov 26, 2007
  5. guess everyone just forgot about friday !!!

#35     Nov 26, 2007
  6. xiaodre

xiaodre

Um, Friday had the makings of exactly what it was, which was a 180 point rally on light volume (not everyone came to work maybe for the half day, plus the fact that it was a half day?).

When all the market players came back from vacation today, the market is languishing.

(Personally I hope the market rallies, though, for AAPL sake.)

#36     Nov 26, 2007
  7. The fed may step in. Anyone want to be short overnight with the dow at 13000? When the fed lowers the discount again by 50 point its gonna be a very painful squeeze. The fed isn't gonna do nothing with CITI trading at 5 year lows. BSC below 100. The last time the fed lowered the discount rate by 50 points the dow added 350 points that day, most of it in the premarket to give an idea of how sudden it was :D

Very bad time 2 be short

#37     Nov 26, 2007
  8. sorry ..but the fed is not here to please the markets ... at least not joe six pack ...

#38     Nov 26, 2007
  9. LOL! The makings.

Bonehead, what the market does in one half of the day is not indicative of what it will do in the second half. Nor is what it does one day indicative of what it will do the next. It is not a line that can be extrapolated into infinity.

#39     Nov 26, 2007
  10. Please stop quoting stock_trad3r.

He is a babbling perma bull idiot with a $3000 dollar Ameritrade account.

#40     Nov 26, 2007