Santa Claus Rally began on Black Friday 11/23

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chewbacca, Nov 25, 2007.

1. xiaodre

xiaodre

180 points on light volume isn't bullish, and is it me or does the market have a hard time putting two big all-day rallies back to back right now?

#21     Nov 26, 2007
  2. Um the volume was light cause it was a half day..obviously

#22     Nov 26, 2007
  3. xiaodre

xiaodre

Exactly my point. You can't can't assume that the rally on friday would have gone another however many points up, because it was a half day.

Is that what you were implying? Or were you not implying anything?

Did you notice how I said it wasn't bearish either? What I'm saying is Friday was not a good measure of this market. So here we are on the next full day, and the market hasn't put in a stellar performance so far...

which is what these posts are showing in response to the prediction put in.

#23     Nov 26, 2007
  4. Sobieski

Sobieski

Today is a full day. How's it looking? Oh.

#24     Nov 26, 2007
  5. Anyone who tries to xtrapolate the action on a half day or the day before a holiday is either 1)has not been trading very long, or 2) stuck in a losing posistion and praying. Neither option is someone i'd really listen to seriously.

#25     Nov 26, 2007
  6. You're annoying. All you do is nag on my posts while providing nothing of much value.

#26     Nov 26, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

AAPL GOOG BIDU at it again, all up. If it werent for these guys the marketw would be off 1% right now.....Who knows how long these stocks can hold up the nasdaq....Once those stocks tire out the nasdaq is good for a 10-15% drop.

#27     Nov 26, 2007
  8. Is this more stock_trad3r math? In a half day we get 180 points, so if we mutiplied the hours times two we'd have had 360 points?

What if we stayed open 24 hours? Would that mean it would be up 1080 points?

Are you aware of how stupid you come across?

#28     Nov 26, 2007
  9. this is so much better than seinfeld reruns !!

#29     Nov 26, 2007
  10. ST has to be a plant, a wind-up, or a troll. He can't be that dumb and be a trader. He just can't. I've never seen someone so consistantly stupid who didn't forget to breathe.

#30     Nov 26, 2007