Sandy Hook Dad: You`ll Have to Take My Guns From my Cold Dead Hands

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IMFTrader, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Do you lock your house at night, when you leave? Do you lock your car in the parking lots?. This is the end of this silly conversation with you.

#11     Feb 5, 2013
  2. There is no such thing as an illegal gun owner. They are simply, yet to be registered gun owners. Just ask John Conyers about our new Orwellian vocabulary. It's now impossible to be illegal about anything. Hoo-Ray.

#12     Feb 5, 2013
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Is is silly to assert that background checks have prevented a single gun crime. The first thing a serious criminal does is to obtain an unregistered weapon.

I could pull up to 6th St. and Alvarado in your motorhome and buy a gun in about 5 minutes. No paperwork, no background check and sometimes no serial number.

#13     Feb 5, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

What part of universal background checks does the NRA support?

Keene did say he favored background checks to block people who may be mentally ill or potentially violent from buying guns.

But federal law already requires that, Nichols said.

One problem with the systems is that many states don't report the names of people who've been legally labeled dangerously mentally ill.

Improving the accuracy and availability of information about these people, Keene said, is one possible area for agreement. He suggested "tightening up on putting information in the database. It's school security. It's beefing up the way we deal with the mentally ill."

Nichols said "huge gaps" exist in the database, which is called the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS. For example, the Virginia Tech shooter, who killed 33 people and himself in 2007, had passed two background checks because Virginia didn't submit his mentally ill status to the database, Nichols said.

"As a result of that shooting, the federal government passed a law encouraging these states to submit these records, and a large number of states passed laws. So there's been significant improvement in reporting dangerously mentally ill persons to NICS," Nichols said. "But there are still about half of the states that report hardly any dangerously mentally ill people. They may not have the resources or the political will to enforce the law. Yeah, it's crazy."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/14/us/universal-background-checks

#14     Feb 5, 2013
  5. National Rifle Association Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre said Monday that somewhere around 1,000 kids would have to die in a school shooting in order for the organization to reconsider their longstanding opposition to gun control.

"Yeah, that's probably the only way we'd reassess much of anything at this point: 1,000 dead kids, shot up pretty good, lying face down in the school auditorium or something like that," LaPierre said, noting that anything less than 1,000 dead kids would not be enough for the NRA to stop urging Congress to pass pro-gun legislation. "I mean, that's just a ballpark number, but I imagine seeing 1,000 or so body bags being wheeled out of a school and a whole town of crying parents would probably make us reflect on our values for at least a little bit."

"So yeah, more or less 1,000 dead kids," LaPierre added. "Something around there. And teachers don't count."

In his 21st year leading the right-wing lobbying group, LaPierre reiterated that "350 or 470 dead kids or some low number like that" would have no impact on the NRA's belief that there should be more firearms on college campuses or that concealed carry laws should be more lax.

#15     Feb 5, 2013
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Again, you got that from The Onion which is obviously fiction written for the purpose of humor you drooling idiot.

I'm surprised you can install air conditioners because you don't have a brain in your head.

#16     Feb 5, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes and yes, but so what? Locked houses and cars are robbed/stolen every god damned day.

#17     Feb 5, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

FC is really, really stupid. He sees a couple of stupid lefties posting here and thinks we are all stupid. Bad news, FC. It's just you and a couple of your buddies here who have a major learning disability.

#18     Feb 5, 2013