Sandy Hook Dad: You`ll Have to Take My Guns From my Cold Dead Hands

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IMFTrader, Feb 4, 2013.

1. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wAYLr6u2FyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Excellent speech. I hope there was a chance, however small, that common sense given from it actually penetrated the think, dimwitted skulls of the politicians in front of him, but I doubt it.

3. achilles28

achilles28

Most Americans are pussies that grovel and lick Government boots.

That guy clearly had his nuts intact.

4. I'd of like to seen the guy use a little more sarcasm.

5. So the guy is against all background checks and gun registration laws. He would be fine with felons walking out of prison and walk to the gun show and arming themselves unrestricted. I see flaws in his rant. Also there has already much "due process" on the gun laws. I think the guy is positioning himself for a shot at political job. He added nothing to the discussion.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

They are ALREADY arming themselves unrestricted. Felons don't subject themselves to background checks when acquiring firearms. They purchase them black market or steal them. Is it your contention that anyone preparing to steal firearms subject themselves to a background check first?

I heard just yesterday that the Gabby Gifford shooter had passed a background check. The CT school shooter stole his weapons from his mom who had also pass a background check.

If you want to "do something", why not focus on doing something that would actually work based on history and facts?

7. You didn't get the point Lucrum. And background checks do work.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

So...what is the point I'm missing?

NO, they don't. And I provided two recent glaring examples.

9. Yes background checks work Lucrum. Just like locking your house up cuts down on thefts. Please tell me you get this.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL
    Stop drinking the Kool-aid ba.

So no home with locked doors has ever been burglarized?
    No bank with a vault has ever been robbed?

Gifford's shooter passed a background check.
    The owner of the weapons used in the CT school shooting passed a background check.

MOST firearms used in crimes are stolen. Given that, how is a background check going to solve improve anything?

#10     Feb 5, 2013