San jose, California

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by billsingh, Mar 12, 2007.

1. toucan

toucan

danville here

#21     Jun 28, 2007
  2. just graduated from college where I managed some money trading futures (index, commodities, currencies). Recently moved to the Burlingame area and I am working out here now for money manager out here. Would like to meet some traders to bounce ideas off of and make contacts.

danielfields1@gmail.com

#22     Jul 25, 2007
  3. I have room for about 5 to 6 traders in Morgan Hill.....South Bay....professional only would be offered space.. I also have 2 or 3 terminal in Solana Beach ( next to DelMar) that are open.

I also have some space in Incline Village for CTA or managers in a converted condo.

Access to Futures, option, stocks or trade your own fund or CTA from these locations.....Trade well

#23     Aug 28, 2007
  4. I would love to meet other traders from south bay. Im at santa clara. Currently only trading YM. Been trading YM for about 2years.

#24     Sep 21, 2007
  5. snowice

snowice

East Bay... San Ramon.

#25     Sep 22, 2007
  6. with taxes and real estate so expensive in bay area who has money to trade?

#26     Sep 27, 2007
  7. MGJ

MGJ

What else is there in the bay area besides taxes and real estate? Perhaps the following
    • Semiconductor companies
    • Networking hardware companies
    • Biotech companies
    • Software companies
    • Personal computer / digital music player / phone companies
    You know, Genentech and Cisco and Google and Intel and Apple etc.

Besides locations in the bay area, what else do each of these companies have? Hundreds of employees (and former employees) who, thanks to incentive stock options, are millionaires. And they are not risk-averse.

There is an interesting inverse-survivorship-bias phenomenon as well. Lots of former high-flyer companies have subsequently fallen on hard times; BUT, many of their employees and ex-employees had the foresight / dumb luck to sell while there was still some value in the stock. Thus while Sun and SGI and National Semi and PMC-Sierra and Netscape and 3Com and Creative Labs and Palm and Transmeta and S3 and Borland and Seagate all eventually crashed and burned, they left behind many millionaire employees and former employees. People who look for ways to put the rest of their money to work after buying a house on Maui and a NetJet share.

#27     Sep 27, 2007
  8. tef8

tef8

Corralitos area....

Any Santa Cruz area Traders?

Equities, Options

#28     Sep 27, 2007

9. It's expensive because you are poor.

#29     Sep 27, 2007
  10. tradrdude

tradrdude

in the east bay.