San Francisco Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by DuyLe, Sep 1, 2010.

1. I trade futures and live just outside Hayward.
    Starbucks meeting sounds good. We could try to pick one that's central to all of us.

#41     Nov 29, 2012
  2. garachen

garachen

Danville, that's funny. I just moved from Danville to Alamo (huge long distance) last year. Used to live along Sycamore Valley.

After doing the bank --> mutual fund --> hedge fund --> trading company thing I went solo then got bored and started hiring people.

I think it would be interesting to meet with a few people in the area. It's unfair that my wife gets all the playdates.

There's a Starbucks and Peet's coffee by my office (though I don't drink coffee) and like 100 mediocre restaurants in Danville.

Anyway, if anyone wants, they can PM me and I'll coordinate something. From now to New Years isn't typically the most exciting anyway.

#42     Nov 29, 2012
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Are you associated with the Prop Firm in Lafayette?

#43     Nov 29, 2012
  4. Dustin

Dustin

I'm in Danville. Where is your office? When you say you hired people...for what? I would consider a meet.

#44     Nov 29, 2012
  5. garachen

garachen

Yeah, there are a lot of strange funds in the Lamorinda/ Walnut creek area. Sometimes I bump into people from them.

I don't know anyone else in the area who does true HFT. There are a few in San Francisco though.

I'm not associated with the Lafayette firm. Can't say who I'm with because that would be advertising.

For the other guy in Danville. We are meeting today @ 2:30 in Alamo. If you PM me I'll tell you where.

#45     Nov 30, 2012
  6. dealmaker

dealmaker

true HFT i.e. you have dedicated server just for your firm and co-location?

#46     Nov 30, 2012
  7. garachen

garachen

Oh how I wish it were a single server.

Yes, HFT in that sense and in the fact that I can get excited about CBOE's move to NY4 because I think the Chicago --> NY4 radio tower lines will get cheaper.

#47     Nov 30, 2012
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Apparently the Lamorinda/ San Ramon area prop firm is associated with G2 and if you call their NYC office they will give you the appopriate contact information.

#48     Feb 3, 2013
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

02-03-13 03:12 PM

Apparently the Lamorinda/ San Ramon area prop firm is associated with G2 and if you call their NYC office they will give you the appopriate contact information.

#49     Feb 3, 2013
  10. 11jsd

11jsd

Any news on offices out here?

If not, how would you go about trading ICE futures remotely? I currently trade through one of the bigger arcades in London, and I could trade remotely out here, but would there be a better way?

I would ideally like to stay near the Financial District if that makes any difference at all.

Thanks in advance.

#50     Mar 31, 2014