San Francisco Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by DuyLe, Sep 1, 2010.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Agreed, market is much harder today. I thought about making the switch myself but then I thought HFTs will eventually infest all the markets.

#31     Oct 29, 2012
  2. DuyLe

DuyLe

#32     Oct 29, 2012
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Like anything else they will reach an inflectionpoint where more HFT are detrimental to the markets than less however, there will always be enough of them to control the markets in terms of daytrading. NYSE not opening 2 days in a row because market participants did not trust algo trading alone shows that there is still room for us in the trading world...

#33     Oct 29, 2012
  4. dealmaker - I'm interested in the name too. Thx.

#34     Oct 30, 2012
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

I have spoken with the owner of the San Ramon prop firm and it turns out he has relocated thus the firm is no longer operational however he did say that there is a firm in Lafayette and that he will get me the name, as soon as I hear from him I will post the details.

#35     Oct 30, 2012
  6. garachen

garachen

I'm in Alamo. Near walnut creek. Trade full time. If you are ever in the area and want to meet let me know.

#36     Nov 29, 2012
  7. toucan

toucan

garachen.... i'm in danville... what do you trade and do you trade for yourself.

I trade for myself and daytrade futures.

cheers

toucan

#37     Nov 29, 2012
  8. ashantt

ashantt

I'm thinking of moving back to the bay after 20 years. Where do you guys suggest I move to, I would need to rent a decent apartment to begin with. I used to live in the south bay back in the day but I don't think I want to do that, would like to be closer to the city. Also, what about waking up at 5 AM to start trading, how does that work for everybody in the West Coast?

Thanks.

#38     Nov 29, 2012
  9. smaranam

smaranam

Do you know the story about Francis Asisi and his friend Leo?

#39     Nov 29, 2012
  10. toucan

toucan

Garachen.... I just looked at your thread "a path towards profitablilty" and have answered my questions above.

thanks

toucan

#40     Nov 29, 2012