San Francisco Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by DuyLe, Sep 1, 2010.

1. pp7

pp7

Nothing right now but I am interested in equities. I just want to learn from someone who does trade.

#11     Apr 28, 2011
  2. toucan

toucan

PP7....

I trade futures, not equities and always trade alone... sorry

toucan

#12     Apr 28, 2011
  3. I trade NY session over here in San Bruno. Then I go to my day job. I used to live in Fremont. Like that area.

#13     Apr 29, 2011
  4. Close to San Mateo. Not much to see with me -- I have a system, and check it every five minutes to see if it's given a buy or sell signal, if so, then enter, add stop-limit. Then go back to coding something, developing a new strategy, explaining to wife I'm working and not free to take her shopping, or playing games.

There was one thread where the poster linked to his blog, he put a bunch of videos of his trading over 10-15 minutes. It was interesting to see him talk through following the set up, enter, exit, then reflect on if it was profitable or not. It might be close to watching over someone's shoulder, you might be able to find it with some searching.

#14     Apr 29, 2011
  5. toucan

toucan

did you ever find someone to talk to?

toucan

#15     May 25, 2011
  6. pp7

pp7

Not yet.

#16     May 25, 2011
  7. Beautiful city :)

I hope to live there for an extended period of time in a not too distant future. Will see if this thread is still alive then :D

#17     May 25, 2011
  8. bathrobe

bathrobe

I live in SF (SOMA) but for now I prefer to trade alone from home.

#18     May 25, 2011
  9. toucan

toucan

pp7...

I attend a trading meeting in los gatos once or twice a year. The next meeting is on June 11 and I might attend. If you are interested, we could meet at this meeting.

toucan

#19     May 25, 2011
  10. pp7

pp7

Ah damn wish I could attend but I will be out of town on that exact date. Anything else coming up in the area?

#20     May 25, 2011