San Francisco Currency Exchange

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Surdo, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Has anybody ever heard of The San Francisco Currency Exchange?
    I visited their website and I am trying to figure out what they do. I have no affiliation with them, and have a buddy interviewing there. They appear to be some sort of IB???

http://www.sfce.com/

el surdo

2. "Exchange"? Good one.

Agree, looks like they are an IB for "Forex Liquidity LLC", a registered FCM. Why aren't they registered with the CFTC and members of the NFA themselves? (Which would mean that FXLQ is itself in clear violation of the NFA rules.) Especially since SFCE is soliciting managed accounts, as well as regular ones.

Their business address, "655 Montgomery St, Suite 540" in San Fran serves as home to many fine organizations, ranging from the Women's Technology Cluster to DNA Bridges Inc. to Swiss American Chamber of Commerce. Must be nice to be in such spacious surroundings...

The domain itself was created way back on 12-Dec-1999, possibly by some enterprising USF undergrad:

Toby Ronquillo asabag [at] usfca.edu
    3166 Moorpark Ave.
    San Jose, CA 95117
    US
    +1.707332xxxx

All in all, not exactly a positive first impression from that website, incredibly short on details... company, accounts, performance, etc.

Is your friend applying for the fast-track position of "Sales Associate" or "Investment Manager"? Not that there seems to be a whole lot of difference between the two...

3. Surdo

Surdo

He is on the fast track to Humboldt County I suspect.

el surdo

4. No NFA registration. Calling themselves an exchange should get them a free phone call from both the NFA and CFTC within a month.

Funny thing is they are looking for registered traders with Series 3,7,63 as a plus. It would be nice if they would make up thier mind, legit or not.

5. Surdo

Surdo

As we suspected, it is a one man operation with NO COMPUTERS, or name on the door!

I am glad my buddy had free BART today so it was no loss.

el surdo