San Francisco & Berkeley is the modern day Sodom & Gomorrah

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Atheism runs rampant in these cities along with decadence and hate of anything to do with God. This article is a good example of what happens to cities that decide they are better off without God.

I wonder if freethinker & our other resident atheists would like to move to either of these two cities to be with other "freethinkers"

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/10/obama_and_the_evil_squatters.html

2. I thought Las Vegas is most similar to Sodom & Gomorrah.
    Oh yes, they don't have Nancy Pelosi, but they have Harry Ried. [​IMG]

3. Sodom & Gomorrah were mythical cities you superstitious homophobic dimwit. do you have secret homosexual feelings you are trying to repress? normal people dont go around thinking about gays all the time unless they have some kind of inner conflict going on.

http://books.google.com/books?id=gB...ge&q=Sodom & Gomorrah mythical cities&f=false

4. What a joke of an article... I lived in SF and Berkeley for a couple of years.... AND guess what? They're beautiful cities. Oakland/Richmond might get a bit rough in places, but, its nowhere near the shit-hole that is the "bad-part" of Kansas City or Detroit or other "bible belt" shit holes.

Give us a break with this "faith based bias" Peil. Try taking a walk through the bad part of Kansas City and then through the bad part of Berkeley. You'll see the "evidence" implied by this article. I have family in both cities BTW.

This author is just trying to throw out anything that may stick to his BS argument. Kinda like throwing out anything that will stick to the "god exists" argument.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I was thinking the ruins of both were discovered SE of the dead sea in modern Jordan. Bab edh-Dhra, thought to be Sodom, and Numeira, thought to be Gomorrah.

6. From Wikipedia:

San Francisco ranks third of American cities in median household income[138] with a 2007 value of $65,519.[133] Median family income is $81,136,[133] and San Francisco ranks 8th of major cities worldwide in the number of billionaires known to be living within city limits.

Now compare that to any "religious" city or area and it appears the religious people aren't very productive or useful. Just another reason why religious people shouldn't be allowed to vote or have rights.

7. Ricter

Ricter

Not that I agree with the article at all, but there's no accounting in what you said for how the money was made, or if it was made locally. In other words, the devil probably has a real good income.

8. Yannis

Yannis

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Does this reasoning also apply to foreigners opinions on US issues? You're a non US citizen, right?

10. Interesting....median household income is 65k, yet the price of a house in the same city is $470k which means if you buy a house there, your monthly payments for P&I are $2500 per month, and property taxes are another $5k per year on that size house and 1500 for insurance. After income taxes that 65k is $50k take home. $50k - $36.5k = $13.5k left to live on. We havent even looked at normal housing upkeep costs(houses are about 70 years old on average there), utilities, not to mention food, transportation, ect. Sounds like the average joe doesnt have much to live on after buying his house. I mean you really have to be an IDIOT to pay 73% of your income towards your mortgage. You quote that S.F. ranks 8th in the number of billionaires living within the city limits? Well S.F. also ranks #1 of the most number of homeless people per capita in the US.

From http://sf.wikispot.org/Homelessness

Now tell me who shouldnt be allowed to vote.

#10     Oct 14, 2010