San Fran Mayor should be arrested

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Why would most people vote for something worse?

Don’t believe in polls. Most pollsters vote Democrat. Most people who peddle polls vote Democrat. On top of that, poll methodology is not transparent and unregulated. They don’t have to disclose how they sample the general public.

#41     Apr 7, 2006
  2. Sam, i feared several years ago that the repubs - with power in both houses and the presidency would get fat, complacent, and screw things up

and to some extent (to put it mildly). hey, i voted for bush twice. and almost always vote for repubs, with the rare exception

but there is that adage about power, absolute power, and corruption

bush, a republican spends like a second wife with a gold card. it is absurd. THAT p'o's me.

congress has wasted too much time on some really stupid issues, and not enough on some really important ones.

i am very happy with bush's two SCOTUS appointees though. that will leave a lasting legacy. i am happy that congress did not renew the ridiculous "asault weapon ban". what a joke that was.

but in general, THIS admin/congress combo has been less effective than they should have been.

i am not saying i WANT the dem's to win. but at THIS point, it is the dem's election to lose. unless the repubs get their act together fast.

i really really really hope the dem presidential candidate hires shrum. he likes to lose for dem presidential candidates :)

i also think the repubs should get over their mccain'itis. because McCain/Condi or McCain/Guiliani would make some kick*ss presidential tickets.

i think mccain sucks quite often (don't even get me started on mccain-feingold), but he is rock-solid in credibility, warcred, and integrity

#42     Apr 8, 2006
  3. Here is a feather in the cap of San Francisco.

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - New statistics suggest San Francisco has the highest percentage of gay men among major cities in the world, with a quarter of them HIV-positive, a top city health official said on Friday.

"Despite an overall loss in the population in San Francisco in the last five years, we think there has been an absolute gain in gay men," William McFarland, head of HIV/AIDS statistics at San Francisco's Department of Public Health, said in an interview. "From all the data I have seen ... it's the gayest city in the world."
    [/QUOTE]

#43     Apr 8, 2006
  4. [​IMG]

The new immigrants want to work whereas the early ones hid behind Jesus while they killed everyone occupying the land and imported others who were to be slaves.

#44     Apr 8, 2006
  5. do you really believe this tripe, convertible, or are you trolling?

#45     Apr 8, 2006
  6. Ricter

Ricter

You probably do, like nearly everyone I know, including myself, pick and choose what laws you'll obey and which ones you won't. Probably have a "good reason" why you pick the way you do. And, like most, when you violate, you do it when the odds are good you won't get caught.

In my experience, most folks are like the inmates I used to supervise, only more timid, or lucky.

#46     Apr 8, 2006