San Fran Mayor should be arrested

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Polls right now say that people would vote in democrats.

You really believe that to be true?

You really think the repubs go into a voting booth, and vote in a black woman over a white man for president of the United States?

Dream on....

#31     Apr 7, 2006
  2. Yes, the democrats under the direction of chuck schumer pulled steele's credit report. An illegal act.

#32     Apr 7, 2006
  3. Exactly who is under indictment for your suggested illegal act?

#33     Apr 7, 2006
  4. Nobody is under indictment, the schumer staffer already pled guilty.

Another story ignored by the mainstream media.

#34     Apr 7, 2006
  5. "the minority members of the republican party, do we really see them representing their heritage?"

yes. our common heritage of EQUAL rights, and boundless opportunity. i find it very heartening that a much higher # of black immigrants, who also happen to be much more successful economically and educationally than native born blacks, are also more highly represented among repubs.

black immigrants from the west indies are an excellent example. they are more likely than native born blacks to vote repub and they are also more likely to go to college, avoid incarceration, not have birth rates out of wedlock, etc.

"Or do we see them trying to act like white men and white women in dress, speech, and behavior?"

the dems attitude towards blacks in particular and minorities in general is one of infantilization and exceptionally paternalistic.

under fealty to the dem party, the OOW birth rate of blacks has skyrocketed from the mid 20% up to the 70% range. clearly, imo, a welfare state (that at least clinton had the cojones to help reform), a soft bigotry of low expectations, and a victim mentality have led to some of these social pathologies.

i think the repub party has been weak in marketing themselves to minorities. the prevalence of so-called "country club republicans" has done a disservice to the republican party imo. i think, to a large extent, the future of the repub party (which is a bigger tent party in general than the dems) lies in their ability to market themselves to minorities, as the party of opportunity and equality. they have admittedly NOT done a good job of this. of course, in the past - with the oligopoly of a 3 network media this was very hard to do. the internet, cable, etc. have democraticized the media to a large extent and i think this may help them.

regardless, if you look at the relative republican voting rates among married blacks with children vs. blacks as a whole, you can certainly see a correlation (causation is another issue) between values and voting.

#35     Apr 7, 2006
  6. "Or do we see them trying to act like white men and white women in dress, speech, and behavior?"

not to mention how obscenely bigoted this statement is

what exactly is "white dress, speech and behavior"?

is a black man who wears a suit doing this?

how about a black woman who doesn't have children out of wedlock?

i think you need to take a listen to bill cosby, who speaks truth to power about how a culture of victimization and lack of personal responsibility which has been facilitated (intentionally or not) by democratic policies has hurt blacks in the US. it is clearly not racism that results in a 70% OOW birth rate, since there was FAR more racism 50+ yrs ago, when black OOW birth rates were in the 20% range.

alternatively, asian americans (specifically japanese americans) average 1.72 times the average US income (despite being so called "minorities" ). are they "acting white?"

well they do have LOWER crime rates than whites, lower OOW birth rates, lower AID contraction rates, higher average income rates, lower divorce rates, and better general health and eating habits than whites.

so, by your logic, whites and blacks are 'acting japanese" if they are acting more responsibly.

what an absurd example of identity politix you espouse.

#36     Apr 7, 2006
  7. i agree Z that polls show people would vote in democrats right now. that's entirely understandable. the repubs with control of both houses and the presidency have mucked things up. i would have expected no less. with complete control, that is expected.

how that is relevant to what i posted - i don't know

#37     Apr 7, 2006
  8. Here is a feather in the cap of San Francisco.

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - New statistics suggest San Francisco has the highest percentage of gay men among major cities in the world, with a quarter of them HIV-positive, a top city health official said on Friday.

"Despite an overall loss in the population in San Francisco in the last five years, we think there has been an absolute gain in gay men," William McFarland, head of HIV/AIDS statistics at San Francisco's Department of Public Health, said in an interview. "From all the data I have seen ... it's the gayest city in the world."

#38     Apr 7, 2006
  9. Pabst

Pabst

What makes men in San Francisco so happy? Is it because they have AIDS? Or because they take so many public baths. Such gayety! Is the term homosexual way too non PC for use in newspaper publishing and electronic media? Perhaps blacks, who've had dozens of different monikers should borrow a page from homosexuals. Although I'd say the word lesbian is flawed in so far as it has just one unsavory connotation. But how about naming a group something like knowledge. No apparent plural. That way someone has to say "the knowledge are great basketball players." Those a bit hip could say "those knowledgeable are badass rhymers, rappers and dancers." Everyone would get the message and at the same time we could send out an uplifting positive vibe. Sort of like an affirmative action nickname.

#39     Apr 7, 2006
  10. Sam123

Sam123 Guest

Gavin Newsom is the George Wallace of today. It’s really the same thing.

#40     Apr 7, 2006