San Diego vs. Boca Raton/Miami

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by CPTrader, Feb 6, 2004.

1. \

yeah, because they are mostly tourists.
    last year i went to the nasdaq 100 open tennis tournament in key biscayne, i walk up to the ticket window and guy starts speaking spanish to me, its like another country. but everybody does speak english its just their second language, and people are friendly

#11     Feb 6, 2004
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

we dont assume...we expect you to.....:D

#12     Feb 6, 2004
  3. even my realtor speaks portuguese to me from time to time
    :)
    i like the atmoshpere down there, some people don't

#13     Feb 6, 2004
  4. jem

jem

Well I moved from San Diego to Sarasota.

I miss a great deal about san diego. Ideally if you can get your ass in bed by nine get up do you chart work and be preparred by 530 or 630 San Diego would offer afternoons of surf or golf or whatever. But I never got to sleep early enough, so I was killing myself over time with lack of sleep and bad preparation.

It is a lot easier on me now and I feel healthier.

But if you can get enought sleep, San Diego is great. Now if you could have rental properties and move around and live in Forida 6 mos and a day. Perhaps you could set up the ultimate life style. San Diego, Lake Tahoe, Florida. That is my goal. Because there are a lot of great things about San Diego I miss. I am bummed I will not be surfing with my boys as they get older. San Diego's proximity to mammoth is great. It is 6-7 hours but as a trader if you get that bug up your butt or they get a great dump you can go at any time.
    Finally, the weather. As far as year round climate, it really can not get much better. I did not need air conditioning and you only need the heat at night.

Now San Diego has a down side too. But for me the biggest relative problems were that I could not get to sleep early enough and the taxes. I was also concerned the price of my house might drop if I had not bailed.

As far as girls, If you are a good looking guy in great shape and have some cash, you will find some great looking women. But you will have a competition. If you are an average guy, you better import the women or know a good online dating service.

#14     Feb 8, 2004
  5. I moved here to San Diego from Atlanta 6 years ago. I started trading 5 years ago. San Diego is the best place I have every lived when you consider quality of life, demographics etc. However, although I am a morning person the hours are too early for even me. I do not recommend San Diego simply because of the hours. Trying getting up at 4:30 day after day to get ready. What is worse is oversleeping to 6:15 and jumping out of bed with sleep till in your eyes to see what the market is doing.

There are some pretty girls out here but I was disappointed in how few they really are. The girls out here are in better shape but most by far are very average in overall apperance. Atlanta, Dallas, Miami, by far have better looking girls and they are much easier to meet than here.

Cost of living here is crazy. A new 3000 square foot house within 5 miles of the ocean costs around 850k. They tax everything out here. State income tax is 10% at the upper end.

If you have plenty of money and if your trading style is more swing oriented then California is great. If you day trade then stay on the eastern time zone.

John

#15     Feb 8, 2004