san diego traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by smokey_mcPaat, Sep 2, 2002.

1. :cool: jonathon, sdtrader, my post was not meant for you or 99.999 of the beach folks....just 1 person around here who needs
    to get a clue.

#51     Sep 7, 2002
  2. hey bud, we are all good! :cool:

next weekend - beers!

#52     Sep 7, 2002
  3. i live in north county s.d in the city of vista. had a place on the bluff in leucadia in the mid-1980's. 2br/1bth with 100 LF of frontage. paid $650 a month. those days are long gone! does anyone belong to a s.d. trading club?

#53     Sep 7, 2002
  4. sub7slak

sub7slak

I put my money on G-Master Reg, he ain't never gonna lose....wait, sorry that was a double negative...I meant he ain't ever gonna lose...is ain't a word? grammar's not my thang, neither is spellllllling

#54     Sep 7, 2002
  5. if you read this before the kickoff......take tenn/balt 2 teamer and
    put the house on it.........Maybe well send oxygen and h2o iv's for your group after tonights party......dont want you to miss the games:(

#55     Sep 7, 2002
  6. reg

reg

We're just talking about basic grammar, not grammar at a professional writing level. No big deal.
    Regarding giving trading lessons, I can't because I suck as a trader. Been at this 2 years (part time) and am not making any progress. I had thought of going prop but will probably just stop trading for a few months or even permanently and just cut my losses. Good thing I have another line of business that has been good to me the past 12 years, something which I will be spending more time on from now on. I know what my shortcomings are, and I will readily admit them. Unlike a lot of other people.
    JW - regarding reg vs r tharp - not my cup of tea (don't believe in fighting just for the sake of fighting) but I assure that is something you would not like to see take place. :cool:

#56     Sep 7, 2002
  7. Reg glad to hear you have another line of business. It takes a lot of the pressure off for trading when you don't have to worry about money. Glad to hear you can admit you know your shortcomings, I had a big issue with self sabotage for quite a few years that I had to deal with _ I wish I had discovered it a lot sooner ...

Prop isn't the answer for you though...............it's finding a real mentor that you can work with. Going into prop office won't do you any good if you continue doing the exact same thing. What can work is finding somebody doing well and copying everything they do. Learn their beliefs and mentality. The guys I've trained who have done well were able to do just that. It doesn't happen in a day ...or even a month but over time it can happen.

Best of luck to you.

Robert Tharp

#57     Sep 7, 2002
  8. reg

reg

Robert

I would like to apologize for the negative things that came from me in this thread. It was the wrong thing to do.
    I had met you a couple of times a year or so ago and you had come across as being arrogant and disrespectful. That had left a bad impression on me ever since. It's a non-issue when I think back about it now. Maybe you just were having a bad day then.:) Anyway, life's too short for this kind of shit.
    Good luck to you also and peace.

Reg

#58     Sep 7, 2002
  9. You would have done much better had you talked to me earlier.
    I've been rather hard on you lately but I mirror the attitude that is given towards me.

I go out of my way to help others. I've spoken at DaytradersUSA, Metastock meetings and a few ECHO seminars , my father's IITM seminars without every being paid a single dime for talking. (on the majority)

I've spent countless hours on this board offering guidance to others about their trading to help them improve. I believe in a spiritual thing known as giving and that it somehow someday comes back to you 10 fold in mysterious ways.

thanks for apology, I'll do the same towards you. No harm meant and I wish you the best

Robert Tharp

#59     Sep 8, 2002
  10. I saw my name being tossed around earlier, it's nice to know I've been missed. Shout-outs to JEM, Kirkland, Tharpy-baby(nice showing at street scene!!), UPtick (my albany connection).

Ah man, San Diego was rocking this weekend, or at least for us New Yorkers. A few of my trader buddies out here (power traders) and I did the Charger Jet game in style... tailgate, drinking at 9:00 am. Wow, the chargers were flat.

The FOMC tomorrow better shake this market up or I'm gonna go nuts. Anyway later all, back to the damn charts now.
    Todd.

#60     Nov 5, 2002