san diego traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by smokey_mcPaat, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Stay away, San Diego sucks. Do not come here, even to visit.

We do not need anymore people moving here.

There is terrible weather, it is hot, rains a lot, snowstorms, earthquakes, forest fires, tidal waves, etc.

I think San Diego was voted worst place to live in America 10 times in a row.

Terrible trading hours to boot!

I think the other San Diego residents would agree.

Right guys??????

I THINK THAT IS WHY TONYSANDIEGO SAYS HE LIVES IN OMAHA.

#11     Sep 4, 2002
  2. Originally posted by inandlong
    The folks in SD really have their priorities in order:

Relax
    Take it easy
    Have fun
    Go to the beach
    Go to the desert
    Go to the mountains
    Work

If Work falls on a Sunday, forget it. It's against the Sabbath.

How did you know! I relax and take it easy, live at the beach in La Jolla, and drove to Julian in the mountains yesterday.

Wow - have you been following me?

#12     Sep 4, 2002
  3. Prices reflect supply and demand.

Vegas is cheap for a reason.

San Diego is expensive for many reasons, I love the ocean, moderate climate year round, the healthy attitude (one of the traders from Ohio who trades with us is learning Smoking isn't too popular here), THE WALKING SCENERY...-(sorry Uptick for the reminder but they are just everywhere)

Where else can I wake up at 5 am trade for 4 hrs and than go surfing and talk to all the girls in bikinis on the beach year round?

Where else can I live and never get colder than 60 degree (we are talking late at night during a cold winter here) or warmer than 80...(we are talking heat wave)

yeah there is some traffic............but not for trading hrs. nobody is on the freeway that early and when market closes everyone is still at work.

easy to work a second job for someone who wants to learn with Pacific Time...

guys who are making money are going to live in a nice place to live.

following pictures are where some of us live

Jonathan lives in La Jolla

which are some of the upper photos

http://www.beachagent.com/san-diego-beaches.htm

my hometown is Solana Beach(in San Diego county)

I'm closer to the bottom. Part of my condo complex can be seen in the first picture of Solana Beach (on left hand side )

guys who aren't making money will probably live in a crappy area.

Robert Tharp

#13     Sep 4, 2002
  4. Rtharp-

Oh yeah? Well I have crack ho's in walking distance. Beat that!

And besides, now that I've seen those pictures theres no way I could ever live in San Diego. I have a tendency to get on my mountain bike after long drinking spells.....those cliffs look deadly!

#14     Sep 4, 2002
  5. after reading this thread, i'm getting the feeling that i'm hanging out with the wrong crowd. :( i'm 24 though..so there is still hope for me..

looking at those beach pics and reading stories about checking out girls in bikinis all day makes me FLAT OUT JEALOUS!

if i could only get my f*ck!ng trading act together! :mad:

rtharp, and others, my hat is off to you. anyone who's winning this trading game and is having a nice life gets my total respect. you ARE doing what i WANT to do! how can i not respect that!? having been at this for 3 years, i know it isn't an easy road. hopefully, i will be able to join your club someday.

my whole life, whenever i went to a concert, while my friends had a good time, i was always miserable because i wasn't in the band on stage. whenever we go to beaches, my friends have a great time, but i'm always miserable because it isn't REALLY my life -- we're just visiting. i can't whine & complain though because i know it is up to ME to do something about it.

i am the only one of all my friends that actually is willing to take a big risk. they are all going through college and getting normal jobs. they are not even CONSIDERING changing the class they're in, nevermind actually doing something about it. meanwhile, i pinch pennies and learn as much as i can about the stock market every day. i'm never quitting til i break through though because i know i will never be happy if i quit.

#15     Sep 4, 2002
  6. Gekko -

Break out!

Surrond yourself with guys that do it, not talk about it.

My brother, 22, just moved out here to trade, almost FLAT BROKE. He is going to make it, and have a fun time doing it.

Sometimes you have to make a change!

#16     Sep 4, 2002
  7. tailgating at the murph is hard to beat as well.
    gotta love all those dudes driving the lowrider honda civics with
    dual exhaust

#17     Sep 4, 2002
  8. I live in a San Diego neighborhood that is well know for a different and much worse reason.

Sabre Springs.. the former home of one David Allen Westerfield.

Today the jury went out to decide if he gets life without parole or death. My money is on "the big sleep"

FWIW, this is a very nice area.. I could not possibly afford it today. Luckily, we bought back in 1986 when there was a bit of a housing slowdown here.

#18     Sep 4, 2002
  9. Bob777

Bob777

Can't believe none of you guys didn't mention Del Mar Racetrack. One of the best tracks in the country.

#19     Sep 4, 2002
  10. BTW -

I have not even mentioned the Del Mar Racetrack.

:D

#20     Sep 4, 2002