san diego traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by smokey_mcPaat, Sep 2, 2002.

1. Ok...I qualify. What do you like to trade. I trade equities, and have recently started with futures. I trade Intraday, overnight and swing trade for a few days to weeks, and run a longer term strategy.

#101     Sep 2, 2005
  2. gekara

gekara Guest

Great. I trade mostly nasdaq, little NYSE. Trading whatever has got volume, big caps, active stocks with news... whatever. I'm a scalper making about 100 trades/day. I like to trade penny stocks as well, credit game. I average about 1.5 Million shares/day. Been in the business for 3 yrs now and I just moved down from Canada. Dont know much people here, would like to get to know some of the good traders out here.

#102     Sep 2, 2005
  3. Stowaway

Stowaway

Looks like you guys have lots of experience. I traded part time for the last 4 years. Just left the corporate world and I am starting to trade full time. I trade Nasdaq intraday, I do not hold overnight positions. How about some coffee sometime? You can reach me directly at dropeye@tmo.blackberry.net. That would be cool if we could meet.

Thank you guys!

#103     Sep 2, 2005
  4. lescor

lescor

Gekara,
    Where in Canada did you move from? I'm in Canada as well and trade under a San Diego outfit. I'm down there a couple times a year to keep in touch with the office, do some networking and get some surfing in.

Where in the city did you settle? I got a place in Del Mar last time I was there and have stayed in Solana Beach as well. Really like the north county area and will be back.

You could do a lot worse than mschey as far as traders to hook up with. I still owe him some beers, we couldn't get together the last time I was there.

#104     Sep 2, 2005
  5. gekara

gekara Guest

I moved down from Ottawa. Worked at swifttrade ottawa for 2 years, great experience. Now I'm trading with genesis securities, doing really well. I got an appartment in college grove, something I found quickly on the internet. North San Diego is very nice, I go to the beaches there sometimes in Del Mar and La Jolla. Not sure what you meant by saying you come down here couple times a year. Do you have business down here ?

#105     Sep 2, 2005
  6. auto

auto

#106     Sep 4, 2005