San Diego Traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Optional777, a.k.a. Beavis, International Man of Mystery! LOL!

Never fear, he was recently sighted hosting a party in his backyard:

[​IMG]

#41     Apr 29, 2003
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

This was the point of the thread. And as often happens on ET it turned into another bash Don thread. Any posts after mine that stray off topic of the La Jolla meeting will be deleted. Thank you for your cooperation.

#42     Apr 29, 2003
  3. I have been waiting to hear how the party went last night. Unfortunately I could not partake....but I would love to hear how it went. Did a lot of traders from other firms attend?
    Overtheline.....777....what was it like?

#43     Apr 30, 2003
  4. I had a couple of hockey games I needed to watch.

It must of been interesting though after the cameo yesterday
    afternoon.

#44     Apr 30, 2003
  5. We enjoyed the little get-together at the Hard Rock....I was hoping for a better turnout...but I think the "kabosh" was put on it by another firm....too bad. Although we had the other firm's represented there, I was told that traders were asked not to come. Again, too bad.

We discussed some cool new softtware, and had people form Trade-Ideas there to offer some free stuff. We had some "quick in and out" people who seemed to be "looking over their shoulders".....which I found kinda cute.

Overall, I was happy with it, and will probably do a similar thing soon in other locations.

And, heck, after a couple of Margaritas, even Don Bright is tolerable!!!

Don

#45     May 1, 2003
  6. I am very surprised that traders turned down an opportunity for free drinks. Regardless of whatever directive their office manager gave them. Didn't they learn anything in college?

Never pass up free food or free drinks!

#46     May 1, 2003
  7. Who's office asked people not to go? That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.. What are they scared Don is going to get them drunk and take advantage of them?!!

Gotta get the free drinks!

#47     May 1, 2003

8. If Don thinks that it was my office that was asked not to go.....he is nuts. I do not know Don Bright....just what his traders tell me about him. Dude, must live on another planet. I KNOW not one person was interested in attending his happy hour from our office...it had absolutely nothing to do with being told "not" to. Why would we be told not to go anyway? Our office is not the one losing traders to other companies. And I KNOW they have NO fear about losing traders to Bright. Why would an experienced trader go to Bright? Give me one reason. Anyone....anyone?
    If you know how to trade you would want the best rates, software and hardware........anyone think Bright is #1 in any of these categories.
    Don.....if you don't want to be attacked on this site, don't say moronic things that you know NOTHING about. I would definately let this drop if you don't want yours/or others dirty laundry aired in public...

#48     May 2, 2003
  9. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Its pretty funny to watch all of the people on this board wasting their time trying to denigrate competing firms.

Let me clue you in to something Pal .... if you know how to trade and are successful you start your own operation and bypass all of the so-called "prop" firms that are simply looking for your talents and money to provide them a meal ticket. Real prop firms - that actually employ you with high compensation deals - are exceedingly rare.

#49     May 2, 2003
  10. I'm not too worried about "dirty laundry"....and I could "wax poetic" about the reasons to trade with our firm (and we are, and have been #1 in many categories, but I am restating the obvious). But, any good trader will make their own decisions anyway.

(Positive comments coming.....)...
    Now, let me say this.....your new CEO was (and is) very professional....and I see good things for Assent on the horizon. The Management change is (very) welcome in the industry.

So let's try to get past the "war", and try to work together to make the industry solid and (more importantly) viable. Let's not waste valuable gray matter on meaningless dribble....heck, even Ford and Chevy guys get together for a drink every now and then.

Bright is more than happy to have some "troublesome" traders seek other opportunities, and even some solid traders...this is a free country.....on the other hand, we will continue to "grow the industry" and expand our horizons Worldwide. We have had a great number of "returnees" lately .....just part of the game.

I am impressed with Mr. Meyers (unsure of the spelling, sorry if it is in error), and JWKirkland has done a good job of seeking better "deals" and such for his traders (I respect him for that)....

Best of luck!!

Don

#50     May 2, 2003