san diego firms shutting down??

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NDQnCA, May 7, 2002.

1. Sorry I missed this ranting and raving and mudslinging, I have been in Las Vegas for the past week and have not had time to participate in the boards.

Don - First, I did not encourage or post any of the posts above unless they are under my name, PERIOD. I did hear that a trader in my office let the guys know from Van Buran that they were the subject of some discussion on the board. What they posted is their business, PERIOD.

Second, I have no idea why the phones were busy, there are 10 lines and I doubt everyone was on the phone. The number is 619-325-8400 and as always you are welcome to call anytime, but any questions regarding firm questions need to be directed to Jeff or Rob in Phoenix.

Third, The weather has been great in Las Vegas for the past week, wouldn't you agree?

To the readers of the board, please take all of this posting crap with a grain of salt, things get to personal and there is a lot of mudslinging that happens. All that does is waste time and life is too short.

Sometimes I feel this board is just getting to be a bright vs ECHO board with Gene as the referee and the readers as spectators and that just destroys the creditability of both firms, right?

Personally, I do not get many traders contacting me from this board, but of course, I do not take the time to post everyday either. If someone wants to trade with a firm, usually they join after doing their own due diligence and making a choice, not because of some anonymous post on an internet chat board, so let's all just agree to relax a little bit and keep it cool.....this is really getting old.

JK

#31     May 11, 2002
  2. That was a great time in New York, and I will have my revenge after what you guys made me drink that night. My crosshairs are on Jeff and Rob!

Corey, Robert finally got that puke cleaned off his suit pants, and let's keep the photos off the net!

#32     May 11, 2002
  3. Hey all,,,sorry I joined the party late, I haven't been around for a while. Anyway as far as this San Diego thing, the elite trader legacy continues. It cracks me up that any topic imaginable can turn into a controversial, 6 page thread with someone's feelings hurt. That's ok though, I enjoy it. After all, I need some drama in my life, all I do is work.
    The point of all this is I work for a great Prop firm here in San Diego with guys who have been around since the beginning. We have ONE firm, lease signed and all, that is going no where soon. Dave Floyd is the head taco here and he trades side by side with us. I tell you what, I couldn't have done it without him. Oh wait, I should do this first...

****DISCLAIMER*****

Everyone who dislikes, as do I, the use of Elite Trader for recruiting purposes shall be informed that I am not here to recruit traders, but to state the facts. So in other words...don't yell at me for solicitation. Thank you. :D

Anyway, like I was saying, I came to work for this firm last Oct 1. They turned me into a profitable trader right out of college within 6 months in these rough market conditions.

I'm not here in hopes of competing with our fellow Prop firms in San Diego, but to just let you let know that FMB Trading exists and is a rock-solid firm. Dave Floyd is a featured daily columnist on Tradingmarkets and is quite reputable in the industry.

Make no mistake, I don't stand to profit at all from additional traders walking in the office. I have had a great experience here and am thankful for the education that I received. I hope that other traders can experience the same fortune I have had.

Todd.

#33     May 11, 2002
  4. Rigel

Rigel

Man I'm glad I don't have to put up with all this cr@p.

#34     May 11, 2002
  5. This thread was started with the title "San Diego Firms shutting down??
    I simply stated that I work for a firm in San Diego that is not going to shut down due to tough economic/market conditions. I feel it adds to the thread...don't you?
    If you don't want to hear about Professional trading firms don't come to this thread.

#35     May 11, 2002
  6. vsisto

vsisto ECHOtrade

Van Buren in San Diego or anywhere else is not going anywhere. Our company, which has completed six successful years of operation, is as strong as ever with a focused business plan and the talent to execute that plan. We successfully built a company based upon true proprietary trading, something few firms on this board have ever attempted, and did it better than anyone. Now our focus has shifted, and we are merging the proprietary and independent trader businesses, giving independent traders access to proven ways to make money.

One thing is certain about my company and myself, when we put our minds to something, we do it and we do it right. I hope the other firms out there who are hoping that we just fade away are ready to work. I know we are. After all, the fun is just beginning, because the market isn't going to make things easier for anyone.

See you later, men.

Vito Sisto

#36     May 12, 2002
  7. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

I just came from a thread entitled "becoming a backed trader "where wellmax says- just go to WorldCO if you want to be a backed trader- listen man, I know you like your firm and all but lay off trying to brainwash people to go there by implying it is the best firm out there cause its not. I got an offer there and am only considering it as a fallback. If you came here looking to shamelessly self-promote your firm- go do it somewhere else. We are all intelligent and can do our own dilegence on what is the best firm for our respective situations. If you are happy at WorldCo- great and good luck- I wish you the best. But, don't spam these threads with this WorldCo is the greatest shit........

#37     May 23, 2002
  8. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

well, after posting I thought maybe I was a little harsh until I searched for all of wellmax's posts. If you do the same you will see that all of his posts seem to be indirect advertisements for worldco- he talks down on other firms and tells people- hey check out worldco- its super!!! and he's a new user with only around 20 or so posts. Kinda shady if you ask me..........I wish we could have threads that are unbiased and don't have people touting one firm over another. I know it is the nature of the business and competition, but seriously, it wastes everyones time (well at least mine.....) My 2 cents......

#38     May 23, 2002
  9. Wow, we had a nice rally/squezz into the close, money making opportunities and this is what people talk about. LOL.........

#39     May 23, 2002
  10. Be busy maintaining shop..I would think that the principal of a firm would not want to squirm everytime a comment comes out about their firm(sign of weakness or insecure). FYI when being fired upon duck and hide let the smoke clear and if you are gonna post on the board use an alias or a sales rep other than yourselves, it looks unprofessional~imho

cheers,

Comp

#40     May 29, 2002