san diego firms shutting down??

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NDQnCA, May 7, 2002.

1. 2points

2points

Don,

I was just replying to your post 1499 where you said, "we were a mixed bag" and started throwing numbers around. You nor Jack don't know us or our situation. I apologize for the slam on bright , but I was agitated with the unfounded and personal comments about our group.

#21     May 9, 2002
  2. Don,

I went back and read all the posts from the beginning, and it appears to me that the thread was started to talk about VB and Protrader losing traders in that area. And I think it is very in line for the actual guys who left these places to come on and tell us why. Doesn't seem like a plant to me or seem like it has anything to do with Bright. I think the reason the guys came on is to set the record straight as to why they left, if anything they were slamming one of your competitors (VB). I don't understand why this post was overtaken by you and Jack in the first place, it seems like there was no reason Bright even needed to come up.

I think you take any post that says anything good about a competitor is a slam on you. It is not. There can be more than 1 good firm out there (not an endorsement for anyone).

I was interested to see their posts because I do not know much about those other firms and since they traded there, they are a better authority on them than yourself or Robert. And if you read the opening post on this thread you will see that these guys are the topic.

By the way, how would 2 traders, who might not have known about these boards when they were at their previous firm (explaining the first time posting) but seeing themselves being the topic of discussion and misinformation, coming on these boards to tell their reasons for leaving and going to Echo reflect badly on Echo? They didn't start the thread, but were the topic. If you ask me, having a firm owner prowl around and make hundreds of posts a month in every thread about how great his firm is a recruiting tactic that I find distasteful. But we regress...

I don't think if you and Jack would have not come on here talking about how "Echo made them a deal they couldn't refuse" implying that that is the only reason they chose Echo over Bright, that you would not have ever been mentioned. Seems like that's when the actual guys signed up for accounts at Elite and came on to say that it wasn't for that reason that they joined Echo, that they are happy there and chose Echo for reasons other than that. You can't beat hearing it right from the source.

I think you read way too far into things, and dang you respond quickly to all these people. You take a typing class? :D

That's my humble opinion on the matter.

#22     May 9, 2002
  3. 2points

2points

thanks traderjim

#23     May 9, 2002
  4. No problem, and thanks for the note. We are all part of big league, and simply play on different teams...and sometimes we switch teams....and I like to think that we can all be gentleman about it.

Good Luck.....and be careful when you go out drinking with Robert....:)

Don

#24     May 9, 2002
  5. Some valid points, for sure, and we all get a little "sensitive" at times. We tend to be "targets" for some of the other firms, but I guess that is the price we pay.

I do my best to make sure that Jack doesn't get too "out of hand" as well. He is a great friend and a strong supporter of our firm...and he does a darn good job in San Diego. His conerns arise when other firms mix "apples and oranges" when it comes to the "non-published" criteria used by some firms (such as starting capital, etc.). We try to keep things above board as much as we can, and yet we have made special arrangements at times (not too often).

Overall, this is "much to do about nothing"....and I wish everyone the very best.

Don

#25     May 9, 2002
  6. Franchise, you say, then this would have explained the averant behaviour and callous disregard for the well being of the traders, or their monies, and thieir losses, in following the exact directions of the head trader and the branch manager.

It was disgusting to see one trader after another blow out, and the principals continue to berate them, along the lines of some smirk comments that essentially stated, they didn't do like they were supposed to...

Frankly, whenever some j....ss continues to show a chart to say: "see, this is where I would have been buying, and this is where I would have been selling", is about the extent of their brilliance. And that brilliance couldn't even be seen at night, with no other lights around.

Outta here, sweeeesssh, they should have been stopped before they got started.

#26     May 9, 2002
  7. This is exactly why I am so against these franchise operations (not that they're all as bad as this one). This gives these firms a way to "bail out" of leases (leaving the sub llc or franchisee to hold the bag), keep traders money, and all the other bad practices that are simply bad for the industry.

It allows the Main firm to maintain an "illusion of propriety" and to stay in business waiting for another gullible franchisee to dive into the mess. Time will sort all these people out.....

Sorry about your bad experiences....

Don

#27     May 9, 2002
  8. lescor

lescor

I'll second that. He doesn't direct puke streams with any kind of accuracy, and he's damn heavy when you've got to carry him.:p

#28     May 9, 2002
  9. LOL

Corey definitely has skills. :D

Robert

#29     May 10, 2002
  10. InyOutty

InyOutty

Hee haw,

You girls at Bright and Echo are like a bunch of babies fighting over a lego piece.

During presidential elections many people end up disliking BOTH candidates because of their endless--direct or indirect--disparagements of each other. That's the way I see you two firms.

I'd much rather put my dough with a company that has a spokesman I can respect, like Gene, than with Bright or Echo--who can't write anything on these boards without sounding defensive or promoting their firms.

#30     May 11, 2002