Samsung 970 P

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElectricSavant, Feb 17, 2006.

1. I have a confession to make.

I went back to Comp USA with an ad from an internet site (they had a store in NY City also) and got 40 bucks back for their low price guarantee.

Net cost $469.00 per monitor...I am getting two more for my Athlon dual core that I am getting from :

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/Default.asp

Michael B.

P.S. My new computer will only be about 12 hundred bucks plus the cost of the monitors.

#11     Mar 8, 2006
  2. Darvas2

Darvas2

:) Hi, I am new to this chat group having just joined last night.
    Haven't traded in a few years because I have been recovering from a major car accident.

Technology has changed quite a bit since I last traded. I am going to have to do a complete makeover on equipment so here are a few questions if you guys would be so kind.

1. I want to buy four 19" LCD monitors. Which brands and models do you like the best and why.

2. I figured out that Athlon must be a computer but what is dual core and what advantages does this give.

3. What backup power systems do you like.

4. I live in Denver, anyone know who can build me a good setup for trading?

5. What firewalls are best to keep hackers from hacking into your system, monitoring keystrokes and then taping into your account.

Thanks for any help on the above.

Sincerely,

Darvas2
    PS I chose that name because that was the first book I read and it has influenced me the most.

#12     Mar 15, 2006
  3. I live in Denver too, there is a place off of Colorado going eastbound off of 25, damn can't think of the name. It's next to a lamps plus, sorry I can't be more detailed. They are helpful and reasonable, although I had already purchased from Costco.com because of the six month no question asked return policy.

You might want to consider going to the Denver Trading Group http://www.denvertradinggroup.com/. They have some good meetings, some good and bad ideas, and some nice helpful traders there.

Dan

#13     Mar 15, 2006
  4. Darvas2

Darvas2

Thanks Dan for the information. I will check it out.

Darvas2

#14     Mar 15, 2006
  5. Fotenks

Fotenks

Wow, CompUSA usually has TERRIBLE prices compared to online retailers, but you got a very good price on that!

I can't find it for cheaper than 500 anywhere online :eek:

#15     Mar 16, 2006
  6. gnome

gnome

I certainly don't have anything against Samsung LCDs... have some myself. However, I did some comparisons and came to the conclusion that they probably use the same screen panel in several models.

The difference comes from speed + bells and whistles. The 970P has lots... including a fancy frame and stand. At least $100 of the increased price goes for that stuff.

#16     Mar 16, 2006
  7. CompUsa lowered the price to $399.00 after two rebates (ends this Saturday), one in store and one mail in, so I went down there and got them to re-ring my two monitors at the lower price according to their price guarantee and also bought one more...(I mailed my three rebate coupons according the the instructions and must wait 60 days for the $45.00*3)

At the same time I bought a $29.00 advantage club card which I can cash in for a 50 buck cash card or buy something with the credits...(around 12,000 credits)They re-rang my two monitors and the new one under the card.

god help them if the price goes any lower within 21 days :)

Michael B.

P.S. Now all I need is a computer to hook up to the monitor!!

#17     Mar 22, 2006
  8. bronks

bronks

I got three 19" Hyundai B90A LCD's for $209.00 each after rebates at Office Depot.

I don't know what the infatuation is with the Samsungs unless maybe you're watching movies or something.

Dude, get a Dell.

#18     Mar 22, 2006
  9. hehe...the price is still coming down on the Samsungs....I'm not finished yet!!!! (they love me at CompUSA :))

#19     Mar 22, 2006
  10. bronks

bronks

I just did a quick tally of my new rig:

*Dell P4 3.2 hyper/ 2mb RAM: $1156.86
    17" LCD included

*3 Hyundai LCD's: $652.09

*2 Maddog ATI cards: $118.14 <------pieces of crap...never again.

TOTAL: $1927.09 (TAX and delivery included)

#20     Mar 22, 2006