Samsung 931B 19" Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bruto Blukowski, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Looking for comments as to how well this monitor would be for trading and office work - not for gaming.

More so concerning how the text is for clarity and crispness.

2. gnome

gnome

Well, it's a gamer's monitor with a TN panel. That means less color fidelity, less contrast, reduced viewing angle. (However, Samsung's specs appear to have improved in their latest gamer offering, 931C.)

If you want a higher all around quality of display, check out monitors with VA or IPS panels.

Samsung 940T gets rave reviews from Newegg buyers. A newer model with the same PVA panel (and faster response time) is the 971P.

3. ozzy

ozzy

Any comments on the Dell 20'' Widescreen. I'm planning on building a new system along with 4x of these.

Thanks

4. gnome

gnome

The 2007WFP has an LG/Philips S-IPS panel, so it should be ideal for a trading rig.

5. ozzy

ozzy

Sweeeet. Thanks.

As long as I don't get any bad comments its an all systems go -- dell's got a sleek design -- gots to get me some of those -- possiby 8x of them

6. gnome

gnome

Better get a neck brace while you're at it. :D

7. ozzy

ozzy

lol

tell me about it -- what can I do -- I'm a poor discretionary trader that has to do everything himself -- maybe I should just slap a little more size on my ES scalps and stick with one monitor?? lol

8. gnome

gnome

KISS, Grasshopper :D

9. ozzy

ozzy

lol

I can't help it I have a gadget/LCD fetish

10. I have the 19'' 930B monitor and a Sony 19'' monitor and cant tell any difference in quality. It looks and works great.

#10     Sep 28, 2006