Samsung 191T or 191T + TFT ??????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 29, 2003.

1. What is the difference besides the price?

Michael B.

2. 191T? That's the old, obsolete model stock which Samsung was trying to clear off during the past half year. Now, most of the stock has been hogged, and the new, much better one is finally out (193T). Man, have you seen the picture on those??? :cool:

I think I'll be getting 4 of those 193's in a few weeks. Looking 4wd 2 it... :D

3. Boomer

Boomer

what do the new one cost? and what are some sites or stores to browse and buy them at? thanks

4. did they speed up pixel response? that is one of their problems.. ghosting

5. gnome

gnome

Primary difference, I believe, is greater maximum contrast and/or brightness in the "+" model.

6. paco

paco

The 193T is a analog monitor with a large bezel and a 1995 compliance rating. The 191T is a digital monitor with a small bezel which is better for a multiple monitor setup and a 1999 compliance rating. The specs are not better for the 193 than the 191.

7. paco

paco

I forgot to add that the "+" is for the swivel model. It also comes with swivel software. It works fine. All this can be found on the Samsung website.

8. I've got a pair of 191T+'s. I sometimes play Unreal Tournament 2003 and the ghosting is almost not noticable. (you can see a little if you really look for it, but it doesnt affect the play in my opinion). The + model is supposed to have a higher contrast ratio, 750:1 vs 400:1 or something like that.

9. gaj

gaj

i have the 191t and don't play graphics, games, etc. on it -only trading, most colors i ever have are on realtick.

so, having said that...do i want to look at the 193?

10. huangks

huangks

I heard Dell makes a 20" lcd with 16ms response time. Anyone owns that one?

#10     Jan 8, 2004