Samsung 191T LCD display Questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by davez, May 23, 2003.

1. Zuizo

Zuizo

I own 4 Samsung 181T. They are perfect for trading, thin bezel design... sharp crisp clean bright graphics and fonts in DVI mode from a Matrox G200 MMS.

I have owned the monitors for almost 1 year, no dead pixels on any of the monitors.

The reason I post is this...

About 2 weeks ago I turned on all 4 monitors, but only 3 lit up. After several attempts and some trouble shooting I realized that the monitor had failed.

This happened on a Monday evening, I called Samsung support immediately, after discussing my options, we decided that I would be sent a refurbished monitor (with 3 year warranty) to replace the defect.

I recieved the new monitor on Thursday! A 2 day turnaround time frame! It is perfect in every way, no dead pixels, looks brand new, bright crisp etc etc.

I sent the defect back in the box the refurbished model arrived in, postage/shipping charges were picked up by Samsung both ways!

The whole experience was great. Excellent support.

I highly recommend Samsung 181T, 191T.

-- Z

#11     May 24, 2003
  2. TGregg

TGregg

I suck at Warcraft III. The computer kicks my butt on easy. Probably `cuz I usually try a game after a day of trading when I'm just plain too tired to think that much :D.

#12     May 24, 2003
  3. TGregg

TGregg

That's correct. I have 5 from Mexico and one from Korea. The Korean one is better.

#13     May 24, 2003
  4. gnome

gnome

If you have a Micro Center store nearby, check it out. At least they are smart enough to put all the 15's on one bank (at native resolution) and all the 17's on a separate bank (again at nataive).

You'll be surprised to see how 1 or 2 on each bank stand out for brightness and clarity. The Samsung 152T and 172T look like clear winners. If you can find 192T (still fairly new), that will probably be the same. Samsung and Philips make the panels for about 80% of the world's LCDs... I'd pick one of them.

#14     May 24, 2003
  5. Merc

Merc

I am looking for a couple LCD's myself.
    Read reviews from Tom's Hardware (which btw seems to be the best).

Hitachi, Iiyama, Hercules got the best reviews there.

Any experiences with listed above?
    Any suggestions about these LCD's?
    Samsung 171T-191T never won on his web site.

Why Samsung 191T is so popular on ET?

Thank you all for your help!

#15     May 24, 2003
  6. gnome

gnome

See link, where Anandtech describes the Samsung 191T, as "the best 19" LCD on the market"

http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1663&p=1

That reveiw was from July, 02. It's probably not the best any more... it's now probably the Samsung 192T.

#16     May 24, 2003
  7. is there an adapter that's needed to plug these monitors to the Matrox card. I know you have to have the DVI cables from the Matrox quad to the monitor but will the end of these DVI cables fit into the Samsung 191t monitor without an adapter? If there is a need for an adapter...what adapter is needed?

Thanks

#17     May 24, 2003
  8. Zuizo

Zuizo

No adapter needed, the matrox dvi cable plugs right into the monitor.

-- Z

#18     May 24, 2003
  9. Thanks ...

#19     May 24, 2003