Sam's Day Trading Log (With Charts)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Sam Morgan, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Arms and ammunition paired, ear and eye protection on, safety unlocked, finger on trigger, target confirmed and ready to........, ........., .....dum, dudum, dudum, dudum.............GUESS THE MARKET ISN'T ON TODAY!!!:confused: . Oh well..........

Talk about being "over" enthusiastic!

#51     Dec 24, 2010
  2. Hi Dave, you were right. It wasn't to hard to find (and some more). Looking at the reviews and your material, it seems like you ARE Mr. Mountain Dew himself and The Dogs Bollocks put together.

Real impressive stuff. I will be taking time to look at your material and thanks for posting. Feel free to throw in your opinion as I think I (with time) will also post my swing trades here.

#52     Dec 24, 2010
  3. I trust your judgement here and will follow through. Nice move 4re

#53     Dec 24, 2010
  4. Hey, I don't have any money to give you :p. On a serious note, thanks for the kind words. The feeling is mutual.

The dogs have been let out!. There's no looking back now. DO OR DIE!.

#54     Dec 24, 2010
  5. Ok, so it's that time of the year when I get to be Mr. Nice Guy. I'll keep it short; here are the dues.

4re: A special thanks to you for being so personal in your approach and showing genuine care in educating others. Karma, my friend, will rub you very well!!!

NoDoji: I have followed you since your CL (Colgate-Palmolive) days ;p. You truly are an inspiration. As successful as you are, you are grounded very firmly, so thank you for your humble approach. Also, a Thank You in advance (as you have never posted here) for all the post/ guidance that you will post here.

Joe(admin), KingDong130, Athlonmanks8, Konviction and MDL060374: I haven't gotten to know you that well, so I can't put down a lot. All I can say is that I say a very true heartedly Thank You for your input in my trades.

Hooti: It's you and me baby, all the way!!!. One day we will be big fishes too!

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

#55     Dec 24, 2010
  6. My bad, not pg 9. This is it, above here.

#56     Dec 24, 2010
  7. 4re

4re

Thank you.

While you are studying the swing trade don't to check out the other guys I have mentioned as well. Larry Connors, Kevin Haggerty, Dr Thomas Carr and Charles Kirk.

If you decide that day trading is still the thing for you I can tell you a simple approach that I have used successfuly based off of Larry Connors RSI (2-period) method. I have traded it on the ES emini several times when I had some time to kill. Never traded it using large positions but it worked fine for me. It gives you a very key thing for trading, a defined entry as well as a defined exit strategy.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

#57     Dec 24, 2010
  8. Hooti

Hooti

Thank you Sam
    thanks for your input,
    And all who are so giving here...

...Yes Sam, we are in a special place!

Best of the season and new year to you all!

#58     Dec 24, 2010
  9. If for some reason day trading doesn't work , many intraday strategies will work on longer term charts as well. I look foreward to seeing how well you do this coming year.

#59     Dec 24, 2010
  10. Also what broker are you using? Im just curious. My brief day trading stint a few years back, I learned that unless I traded x number of shares per trade, or per month I wasn't going to get the commission discount. I forget now, but I either didn't fully understand the terms or just ignored them, in my trading ignorance but I was paying more in commission than I should have. When your only trading 100-300 shares the commissions start taking a chunk away. And depending on your account size, you may not be able to buy 500 shares of goldman which can move a nice 3 pt swings or more. You end up being forced to buy the cheaper stocks that may not have those big swings your looking for.

I really hope that your writing down all your trades and keeping track of cost?

#60     Dec 24, 2010