Same old NYSE

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by qlai, Dec 9, 2018.

1. qlai

qlai

2. d08

d08

Obscene. Next up, NYSE adjusts trade prices for MS' benefit.

qlai likes this.
  3. zdreg

zdreg

why did the orders have to be executed on the nyse. why not in the 3rd market?

4. qlai

qlai

MoreLeverage and d08 like this.
  5. qlai

qlai

What 3rd market? Who would take the other side of large orders from Morgan Stanley unless they could arbitrage it?

6. d08

d08

Makes me think I should start trading the Caracas Stock Exchange instead.

remoteControl likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

institutional trading desks and dark pools don't shut down at 4pm.

8. qlai

qlai

OK, I'm not an insider so I don't really know how this happens. But this is the play in my conspiracy infected mind :

15:30 MS: Hey, I need 1M shares of XYZ sold at $90 or better.
    15:31 DMM: No problem, will accumulate by market close.

15:55 DMM: Yo, I got the shares (avg price 90.75), send the order to my desk please.
    15:57 DMM: Yo, WTF where is the order!?
    15:59 MS: Hold on, the client tried to send to us but his PC is doing automatic Windows updates ... 80% done.

14:00 DMM: Are you F#@ kidding me ... I'm siting on million shares here! Need that order ASAP or it's my ass!
    14:01 MS: Don't sweat it, you know I'm good for it. Just make it happen ... I will make it up to you!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Your conspiracy-infected mind also seems to employ time travel? Your timestamps have traveled back 2 hours.

remoteControl likes this.
  10. JSOP

JSOP

This is in violation of fair dealing and fair market practice. This should be investigated by SEC. If MS can do this then everybody should be able to allowed to do this and very soon there would be no market cutoff time at the NYSE. Especially that in this case, MS being allowed to put in the 4 trades after hours when everyone else was not allowed to anymore did result in material financial benefit for MS. MS should at the very least, disgorge the profit it made from the close of NYSE on Friday to the open of NYSE on Monday. Should MS not had been allowed to put in the four trades, it wouldn't have made those profit so they are not entitled to them.

#10     Dec 10, 2018
    d08 likes this.