Same old game, over and over

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Sep 25, 2013.

1. and over again. We've seen this scam before. Once again, in a late night, behind closed doors, momumental effort, a last minute agreement will be reached to kick the can down the road for another year. They'll all come out back slapping each other, telling us how they have saved "the people of America" from the brink of disaster.
    This gets them what they really want. Another year to campaign on the issue. I really, REALLY, would like to see every single one of these worthless cocksukers beaten to death with a tire iron.
    Will you stupid fucks PLEEEEEEEASE quit voting for them?

WASHINGTON (AP) — Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew said Wednesday the government will have exhausted its borrowing authority by Oct. 17, leaving the United States just $30 billion cash on hand to pay its bills.

That's a slightly worse financial position than Treasury predicted last month and adds to the pressure on Congress to increase the government's borrowing cap soon to avert a first-ever U.S. default on its obligations.

In a letter to top congressional leaders, Lew warned that a repeat of the debt brinksmanship of 2011 could inflict great harm on the economy and that "if the government should ultimately become unable to pay all of its bills, the results could be catastrophic."

2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Great post!

I'd be happy to stand alongside of you when (not if:()America goes into revolution... There's just way too many Patriots/common sense people here to allow much more. I'd hate to see it, but it's sadly necessary, and long overdue at this point. I'll also say, if this shit is allowed to continue a mere two more years, there will be more gubment parasites VOTING, and middle of the road sheep not voting, which is udder disaster! In other words, those traditional, common sense Patriots "must" be eliminated. Aka, the WAR on the Tea Party by a US government agency- the IRS, the WAR on the Second Amendment, which was put in place by our FOUNDERS to PREVENT tyrannical government, and not to mention the unconstitutional filing (MAJOR violation of the 4th Amendment!!!!!!) of every e-mail, text, and phone call from FREE Americans. Surprisingly enough, this out of control COMPLETE TYRANNICAL government has stopped virtually every e-mail that's critical of this yes, tyrannical administration...:eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Communism (gubment intimidation), works, but what are WE going to do about it?

3. BSAM

BSAM

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

5. Wallet

Wallet

What do you call it when a cow jumps over a barbed wire fence?

6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Sorry. I confuse the spelling often. Lol

7. piezoe

piezoe

This entire debt ceiling business is political showmanship, a charade for the benefit of our Congressmans' constituents. There won't be any default on government debt, but the government could lay off government workers to reduce future obligations. I suppose that may be what some, those not working for the government, are hoping for.

The Constitution requires that the Treasury pay our creditors on time. Without amending the Constitution, Congress has no standing to prevent payment of government obligations, and everyone in Washington knows that. It seems these Congressmen have become circus clowns, and not all that entertaining at that. They can stop the government from acquiring new obligations, but they can't prevent payment on the existing ones. :D

8. Wallet

Wallet

No problem, :) couldn't pass on the joke.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I can't disagree with you, but I do find it interesting that you are so keen to call out the constitution when it suits you, but open to "interpretation" on those issues when it does not - just like the current administration.

10. piezoe

piezoe

You probably recall that I have written on more than one occasion that we ought to burn the constitution and start over. I haven't changed my mind. But since it's unlikely we'll start over, the only reasonable course left is to interpret in light of modern times and amend as we go. Even Scalia, who claims to be a strict constructionist, ignores it when it doesn't suit his biases, lauds it when it does, and interprets it freely whenever he can get by with it. As an instance of the latter, I refer you to Heller v. D.C. where he joyously used a comma he located in the Second Amendment to divorce the second half of a sentence from the first. Then waxed eloquent for five (or was it fifteen?) pages, using an argument he pulled out of his ass of course, to justify the destruction of half the sentence while exalting the other half. What a Justice! What a Country!

http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Po.../the_right_to_bear_arms_dc_v_heller_revisited

U.S. history is rife with incidents of the clear and unmistakable wording of the Constitution being ignored. It happens routinely. So even though the Constitution requires that the U.S. honor its debts, don't let either of us be misled into thinking that that little scrap of parchment will amount to a hill of beans should our "faithful servents" in Washington decide it is too bothersome to pay attention to. (Nevertheless I'd be willing to bet up to 50 cents that the Treasury will not default on U.S. bonds.) :D

#10     Sep 30, 2013