Sales guys of Sales and Trading desks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by toben, Jul 26, 2005.

1. failing that, the t*ttie bars.

#11     Aug 2, 2005
  2. Be obnoxious & aggressive about meeting the people you need to meet. They are important skills when starting out and will most likely count in your favor.

A good way to start is to learn a foreign language and then join a desk in an emerging country.

I've known many a shmoe who got a leg up in one country or another in Asia with little more than a BA and some Chinese/Thai/Indo-Malay skills. Russia might also be good bet? Then again you can go the hard route and stay in NY or London ....

#12     Aug 2, 2005
  3. lichtenstein is hot, I hear.

#13     Aug 2, 2005
  4. Ebo

Ebo

#14     Aug 2, 2005
  5. toben

toben

I interned at a Russian Mutual fund, but prefer to stay in the states.

#15     Aug 2, 2005
  6. Another Stooge fan I take it.....:)

Gotta love their business names in those shows.

#16     Aug 2, 2005
  7. lame-brain.

#17     Aug 2, 2005
  8. Try recruiters.

If you have no exp. you are better off temping through a financial company to get your foot in the door. Be as helpful and assertive and attentive as possible without being pushy or overbearing.

*** Even if things dont work out at your firm where u are temping, many people will refer you to friends elswhere if they like you. You must understand taht in the equity environment, it is dying out due to ECN's and you would be better off finding other instruments to get into.

#18     Aug 2, 2005
  9. Ebo

Ebo

Get a job as an Autex Operator or Wire Clerk to get your foot in the door. You would be surprised how many started getting lunch for the desk.

#19     Aug 2, 2005
  10. Weasel

Weasel

What do they trade on the Bovespa and why would you want to trade there? Oh.....you have an edge right? lol

#20     Aug 2, 2005