Sailors Say Kerry Unfit to be CinC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 3, 2004.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Couldn't agree more. While I think Bush has this election sowed up at least another candidate might not be such an inept embarrassment. Oh well, at least darkhorse has promised me that 2008 will bring on an interesting battle between McCain and Ms Clinton. :D

#41     May 5, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I really think the DNC is going to ask Kerry to step down. He should have a 15 pt lead on Bush now with all the books out bashing Bush, with all the negative news coverage. I mean come on, how can you still be trailing Bush by 5 pts after the last 3 months.

I said on ET a few months back, that the candidate that could give Bush the biggest run for his money would be Dick Gephardt. He would also win MO, which is a swing state and a state Bush is counting on.

The only problem with Dick is that it knocks Hillary out in 2008. But Dick is not a east coast elite liberal from a rich family. He is from the midwest, came from a blue collar family, and would more then likely continue the policies of the Clinton administration.

John Kerry is dead in the water. It's that simple. There is nothing he can do to win this race. If he stays in this to the end and loses he may even lose his Senate seat, that's how bad it is.

#42     May 5, 2004
  3. Honestly, the Democrat primaries were a total mystery to me. It seemed very clear to me that the only candidates with a chance were Gephart and Lieberman, but neither connected with the primary voters a bit. Of course, the primaries were set up in an idiotic way. The race was basically decided after the second primary.

Another thing I don't understand is this seething anger every Democrat seems to display. They just cannot get out a sentence without attacking Bush in some vicious personal way. I saw a woman on Hannity the other night. I think she was Kerry's campaign manager or some other high level official in his campaign. She was so grim it was comical, and she could not answer a simple question without trying to slander Bush. I just don't think it plays well with voters outside their core Michael Moore/Al Franken constituency.

#43     May 5, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I saw that interview. It was embarrassing. I almost feel bad for her. She gets her 15 minutes of fame and she could not get a sentence out without stuttering and basically be nothing more then a Kerry commercial. Sean kept asking her simple questions and she refused to answer. I don't think she answered one question. LOL. But she did look like she had a lot anger towards Bush. It really makes you wonder doesn't it. How can a country be a democracy when it's driven by hate. I don't think there was as much hate in Nazi Germany. I'm dead serious. This is unreal.

#44     May 5, 2004

5. They'd lose way too much face... and they'd have to drag Kerry away kicking and screaming.

Democrats are in the habit of seizing on quick fixes. The war hero fix completely backfired on them, so next they'll probably be desperate for a charisma fix from their veep candidate- get some new blood on the stage, throw Kerry in the closet.

I bet this increases the odds of putting John Edwards on the ticket, who was probably considered too much of an upstart before things got this ugly. His Clinton lite style would be a good contrast to Kerry, and he could bring out the "two Americas" theme again.

It's a win-win situation for Edwards: if they pull out a miracle, he gets to be vice president and maybe even take political credit for the Bush defeat. If not, he gets to polish his skills and run with Hilary in '08.

#45     May 5, 2004
  6. newbunch

newbunch

Kerry 04 is the same as Dole 96. Instead of searching for a good candidate (if there are any) to beat an incumbent, they just choose the default candidate.

#46     May 5, 2004

7. No, this decision came about via stupidity, plain and simple.

Joe Lieberman would have had a very strong chance of beating Bush, especially with everything that's going on now. His positioning would have been almost perfect for the current environment: liberal but moderate, conservative leaning social tendencies, genuinely in support of the war though still removed from it, voice of reason, etc. etc.

But that's why the Democrats rejected him: he was too centrist, and they wanted a candidate who hated Bush's guts like they did- thus their pick of frothing at the mouth Dean. They woke up too late, and Kerry was the leftovers after the hangover.

Then again, maybe they didn't want Lieberman because there aren't really any principled, centrist democrats left in the party- or not enough to make a difference. They've been taken over by blowhards like Michael Moore.

#47     May 5, 2004