safety of aspartame/nutrasweet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by eastside, Aug 24, 2006.

1. I actually ended up giving up ALL the artificial sweeteners, the last holdout being the sweet n' low for my coffee. After giving up that AND the flavored coffee creamer as part of my New Year's resolution, I didn't enjoy the coffee as much. So a couple of weeks ago I cut back from 3 cups of coffee a day to 1. (I was feeling like an addict :p ) I had a headache for about 1 day from the caffeine withdrawal. Not sure how long I'll stick with the 1 cup a day thing, but it's OK for now.

#61     Mar 31, 2007

2. OMFG.

Well theres the clincher, no wonder it gives me headaches.............

Hey Tradernik, where do you find "RealLemon", i havent been able to find that brand in the shops?:D

#62     Mar 31, 2007
  3. Hey acronym

lol... just any lemon juice should do you. I bought 'organic' lemon juice that comes in the little plastic container that looks like a lemon.

Lime juice should really work well too.

Still looking for a source of flavourings for other types of pop.

btw... Dr. Pepper? My all-time favourite soda pop flavour by a mile, and an American invention. I guess there's truly no accounting for taste... :)

#63     Mar 31, 2007
  4. Aspartame, it's not a natural food. Not fit for human consumption.

http://www.wnho.net/fdaapprovedepidemic.htm
    As far back as 1988, seven years after the initial release of aspartame, 80 percent1 of complaints volunteered by consumers to the FDA about supplements involved aspartame products. By April 1995, it had received 7,232 complaints.
    Aspartame was originally conceived, and an application submitted, as a drug to treat peptic ulcer.

#64     Apr 1, 2007
  5. easymon1

easymon1

aspertame.jpg

#65     May 14, 2020