Safe to go short?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by mario0887, Dec 31, 2019.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Well of course, but then everyone would be screaming to buy the 3% collapse!!!
    If this deal just happens to fall through there will be absolutely no deal until well after the elections are over and every bit of trust will be lost in any more talks moving forward. If anything the deal wouldn't take place at that point until after the elections. China has the upper hand still and if they dont sign January 15th that only means they have many many tricks coming forward which will only help them significantly win the trade war.

#41     Jan 1, 2020
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

call me if you have a few hundred sp futures for sale, i will save you from ruin.

#42     Jan 1, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. maxinger

maxinger

it is extremely safe to go short.

In fact, every day there are signals to go long and short.

#43     Jan 1, 2020
    murray t turtle and lovethetrade like this.
  4. S2007S

S2007S

What did I tell ya....futures surging once again. Maybe will get s clean 1% rally today. Just because.....

#44     Jan 2, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. Make a smaller bet that you feel comfortable with potentially losing. There are many ways you could do it, but one option I like is buying an out of the money call on SPXU for how every many months out you feel confident with. This is a 3X leveraged inverse ETF of the S&P. It is currently trading at just under $20 and should gain $10 on a 10% correction in the index so if you buy a call out of the money at around $24-25 strike, it should cover you on up to a 5% correction as well, you just won't make much. However if there is a bigger correction, the pay off will be nice. At least this way you won't be kicking yourself in the ass if there is a correction and you didn't capitalize on it in any way.

#45     Jan 5, 2020
    yc47ib likes this.
  6. %% Looks like you are right;
    NOT on China having the upper hand LOL/joke, but SPY + QQQ........finished in the top of thier price range today + 52 Weeks price range Not a prediction ; trend comment:caution::caution:,:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::thumbsup:

#46     Jan 6, 2020