Safe to go short?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by mario0887, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Nice. What is that exactly though? IG reviews their client accounts to see who is long the market and who is short by how much? Seems there could be so many permutations. And are IG customers relresentative of market as a whole?

Sorry if answers are evident in that page, lookingon phone while trying to put kid to sleep, hamstrung a bit lol.

Thanks!

#31     Jan 1, 2020
  2. That's my understanding

#32     Jan 1, 2020
  3. Why not trade long duration short, while near term bullish with the trend? Back dated put backratios on the SPY or QQQ could be a fun play. Or just some back dated spx verticals keeping your delta managed.

#33     Jan 1, 2020
  4. Or if you wanna stay away from options you could trade the TLT or GLD looking for a crash up

#34     Jan 1, 2020
  5. themickey

themickey

Well it's not actually, however imo, used conventionally it's a stupid indication of overbought, oversold.
    I use no indicators for trading, but you can code an RSI within an algo to indicate degrees of volatility for comparison purposes.
    But like all things, it is no holy grail as there are many ways to achieve similar results without the need to use RSI.

#35     Jan 1, 2020
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Tomorrow the markets are going gangbusters to the up up up upside. Just to bring in 2020 the markets will once again start off on an extremely positive note....

#36     Jan 1, 2020
  7. S2007S

S2007S

I'm going to long VXX calls and going to buy some 300 puts on the spy !!

#37     Jan 1, 2020
  8. Overnight

Overnight

I tentatively agree with you, in that there is nothing in the way of us having a third-great January in a row. But remember, we have that overhang on Jan 15th. So much can happen between now and then.

#38     Jan 1, 2020
  9. S2007S

S2007S

So you think the signing of the phase 1 trade deal will put this non stop rally to rest?

#39     Jan 1, 2020
  10. Overnight

Overnight

No. I am saying that if China pulls any of their crazy shit, flashes a piece out on the lanes, will put the rally to rest.

#40     Jan 1, 2020