Safe Areas in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shortie, Aug 25, 2011.

1. #11     Aug 26, 2011
  2. I only got robbed once while living in the gold coast ... if you knew the specifics, you'd agree, I deserved to be robbed . Thank You US Bank for not grilling me on the details!

Anywhere from Randolph miles north close to the lake is good ... Of course, it always helps to be built like a linebacker, with a don't fuck with me attitude.

(Side Note: I used to play basketball right outside the former Cabrini Green projects ... no problems. Never after dark though)

#12     Aug 27, 2011

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#13     Aug 27, 2011
  4. that's a common misconception .... Cabrini Green was not on the south side ... the south side remains one big wasteland. "Cabrini Green" only remains iconic because it was so near in vicinity to polite society.. Which I am a proud member.

#14     Aug 27, 2011
  5. There is a chicago crime website that I'm too lazy to look up which does the above and much much more. The thing with Chicago is it's block by block... you have bad ones and good ones all in the same neighborhood.

#15     Aug 27, 2011
  6. Yes, that does tend to help out a lot. Common sense helps... but I dont know why they call it "common" when it seems to mostly be "uncommon" quite often....

#16     Aug 28, 2011
  7. BSAM

BSAM

If one has a choice, why would anybody live in Chicago? This baffles me.

#17     Aug 28, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

This is kinda like asking which penitentiary in Mexico is the best one in which to be incarcerated.

#18     Aug 28, 2011
  9. Old Town in the area of North and Wells is really nice. Most people that hate Chicago on here are failed traders.....they all live in DTW now...:eek:

#19     Aug 28, 2011
  10. Hehe, that was a pretty clever response. And to the "failed traders" response - driving through Chicago was enough to deter me from living there. I guess I'm a failure! :cool:

#20     Aug 29, 2011