Saddam's capture vs. OBL's death

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pekelo, May 1, 2011.

1. volente_00

volente_00

I lost 50k backing your last paper trade with real money.

Why should I believe you this time ?

3/24/11

#11     May 2, 2011
  2. Humpy

Humpy

Better not celebrate too soon. The chances are about 50/50 that the military shot an Osama lookalike.

They aren't exactly noted for their intellect but when those guys start spraying bullets around everyone within a 2 mile range should duck. They hit 2 servants, 1 woman and an old guy with a beard.

#12     May 2, 2011
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Some idiot on my Ignore:

"Is this another one of your paper trades?"

There was no trade posted, but if there had been, it would be in profit... :cool:

Now if some of you guys are against making money, you are probably on the wrong message board....

#13     May 2, 2011
  4. GTS

GTS

50/50? I'll take the other side of your bet. How much you want to wager?

#14     May 2, 2011
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Basicly we have just closed the "news gap", and there is only a 2 pts gap left for the cash.

That was an 8+ pts gift for those who remember history (or like to listen to papertraders)... :)

#15     May 2, 2011
  6. Humpy

Humpy

I'm glad he may be and I'm not interested in your bet but consider this:-

If I was running Bin Laden's end of the situation I would have a number of lookalikes for security. After schooling the lookalike I would let it be known where the US could find BL. Only the US doesn't know its a setup with a lookalike.
    The US charges in, kills various civilians and announces to the world BL is dead.
    Yoohoo trumpets sound !!
    Then BL gives another press conference to prove he is still alive, the US has shot more civilians and look who is the big fool yet again!

OK maybe they are'nt quite as devious. Lets hope not.

Shot in the head says the report. Not really much use for interrogation then is he ?

Now come to the burial. Buried at sea says the US. Well that's a major blunder. It will offend and inflame about 1 billion muslims around the world and satisfy many less.
    Also the major evidence is destroyed. Do the cops destroy the major bit of evidence in a crime case. Of course not.

The US has a bad habit of bungling just about everything it touches. Their allies look on aghast at their stupidity. Not again they must be saying !!

#16     May 2, 2011
  7. GTS

GTS

They took a DNA sample from OBL and according to one report already matched it to a sample from his sister:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/27739824/detail.html

#17     May 2, 2011
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Let's keep it technicals, not politics, shall we??

A few minutes before noon, and about 1 pt left on the SPX cash gap, NDX already closed its gap....

Shall we say, history repeated itself, as expected and predicted????

#18     May 2, 2011
  9. gobar

gobar

new bull market started in 2003 will it be same this time?

#19     May 2, 2011
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

good call pekelo...you made your case, the Why and when and it went as followed. It doesnt matter wether you made or didnt make money...good job.

#20     May 2, 2011