Saddam found guilty

Discussion in 'Politics' started by steve46, Nov 5, 2006.

1. yes you may

#31     Nov 6, 2006
  2. What happened was an Iraqi issue, no doubt many Iraqi's are happy hes going to swing. We were there under false pretenses, Bush had a score to settle with Saddam. The whole thing wasn't worth a single US troop even getting injured, let alone 2000 dead, 30,000 mamed,disfigured,and injured. An estimated 600,000 Iraqi's dead, multi trillions from our treasury by the time it's all over, and world wide disdain for the good ole USA. If we would have played our cards right Saddam would have delivered Osama
    and made peace with the jews. He was our puppet who would have done whatever we asked,,, that's a dirty little secret that's really not so secret. BTW, I'm a lifelong Republican.

#32     Nov 6, 2006
  3. Uhmmm...What happened in WW II was a Europe issue....the French kind of opened the door for Hitler with a stellar 8 day defense....all kidding aside, a despot of any kind should be stopped.

#33     Nov 6, 2006
  4. That SOB Saddam did not want to cooperate with even the UN weapons inspectors. If he had just done what the UN had asked of him I don't think this war would have happened.

The Iraqi government under Saddam Hussein was in violation of seventeen UN resolutions..........

The 17th violated resolution was.........Passed on November 8, 2002, UNSCR 1441 found that Iraq has been and remains in material breach of its disarmament obligations..........

#34     Nov 6, 2006
  5. That SOB Saddam did not want to cooperate with even the UN weapons inspectors. If he had just done what the UN had asked of him I don't think this war would have happened.

Bush didn't want to cooperate with the inspectors either, who wanted to wait to complete inspections before Bush's invasion....

If Bush had done what the UN asked of him, this war would not have happened...

#35     Nov 6, 2006
  6. Uncle Saddam would have done whatever we asked, just like the krazy Korean does what the Chinks tell him to do. Don't make the mistake of believing that what you hear in the media is correct or the full story.

#36     Nov 6, 2006

7. your serious? uhmmmm...he didn't exactly leave Kuwait when we asked him now did he?

#37     Nov 6, 2006
  8. Failure to comply with 17 UN resolutions over 12 years. How many more decades should Bush or other presidents have waited? Saddam was acting like he was hiding something. Continuous tactics of deception, undereporting, concealment...etc.(UN's words, not mine)

People had a fit about Bush "allowing" 9-11 to happen. (Surely must be Clinton's fault:) ) Who would people blame if Saddam did have the Bomb that was used by terrorists or Saddam himself? Please don't tell me Saddam loved the US nor anyone.

The terrorists who planned and carried out the attacks on September 11th showed a willingness to take innocent lives, limited only by the capacity of the weapons available to them....

If only Saddam had cooperated with the UN. I wish, I wish, I wish.

#38     Nov 6, 2006
  9. What do you wish for other countries that don't comply with UN resolutions?

#39     Nov 6, 2006
  10. If Bush hadn't been in such a hurry, allowed the weapons inspectors to do their job fully, he would have had to deal with being presented with the facts (not speculative BS intelligence) that Saddam had no WMD that, that he was contained, and not a threat to the US.

All the lives, the money wasted, because Bush didn't allow the weapons inspectors to do their job...

He didn't want them to do their job, because he was invading Iraq no matter what they said.

#40     Nov 6, 2006