Saddam Closer To Bomb Than Anyone Thought

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Doubter, Nov 3, 2006.

1. LOL, you're being too nice. Bush has 37% approval rating, who do you think that 37% comprises of? It definitely isn't "smart" people. they're mostly southerners with very little education if any. The few educated ones are using the stupid ones to get elected into positions where they can collect bribes.

#21     Nov 3, 2006
  2. I assume you're referring to the Documents that have been on the internet by order of the Republicans?

Well as it turns out the Iraqi's didn't have jack shit and weren't close to anything.

These docs were are all PRE-1991! Every right-wing whack job blogger has been reviewing these docs looking for the gotcha. You can bet your bottom dollar that had there been anything of substance in them we would have heard about it.

The fact remains that Bush lied us in to a war...and now this great nation is (to use an Republican Evangelical term) buttfucked...without the Meth

#22     Nov 3, 2006
  3. No, the fact the place had the absolute c##p blasted out of it with missliles, laser guided bombs, depleted uranium shells, and probably a lot of stuff we do'nt even know about.
    He got his weapons, just they were falling from the sky
    :eek:

Seriously though, any of these claims could be passed off as tangible-you can get plans off the net, some aluminium tube, and bingo, your , your "dangerously close" to to a nuke.

Water purifying truck, or mobile wmd lab?
    Regardless, it appears the country, if not saddam, has more access, to more weapons, than they did before.

#23     Nov 3, 2006
  4. That is most certainly true.

And the DU residue is the world's biggest class action waiting to happen.

#24     Nov 3, 2006
  5. It will never happen-they have already decided it isnt dangerous, ipso facto, it isnt, and it would be much cheaper stringing out an expensive defense until anyone affected by it is dead than admit culpability.
    IF they let such an action take place to begin with. The only legal avenue is through international courts, and youve already seen how seriously they are taken by this regime.

I meant, administration

#25     Nov 3, 2006
  6. Doc of Crock, didn't the Times article include this:

“Among the dozens of documents in English were Iraqi reports written in the 1990s and in 2002 for United Nations inspectors in charge of making sure Iraq had abandoned its unconventional arms programs after the Persian Gulf War. Experts say that at the time, Mr. Hussein’s scientists were on the verge of building an atom bomb, as little as a year away.”

Comments?

#26     Nov 3, 2006
  7. ________________________________________________

Along with not being able to read, Doc jumps to irrational conclusions and asks dishonest questions. Some Doc!

#27     Nov 3, 2006
  8. Ok fine...whatever.

Tell me this....has there ever been one shred of evidence found of 1) a Nuclear weapons program. 2) a BW program... No there hasn't.

Even Mr. Bush had to concede out of shear conscience....that there weren't even ongoing "Mass Destruction program related activities." God was that some tortured language or what?

Listen hapa, Douber, whomever...if you can show that I'm wrong in anything I've said here regarding WMD's you be sure to let me know. And I'll take it under advisment.

Otherwise.....:D:D:D:DD:D

#28     Nov 3, 2006
  9. piezoe

piezoe

FighttheFuture, you are quite right and i stand corrected. I should have indeed included the American public as being partly responsible. Truth, however, does not let me drop this subject without mentioning the obvious, and that is that when someone you trust, even though you should not have, tells you something is true and you act on that information, you are at the minimum entitled to protest that you acted on the information available at the time. Those who misled by "editing" the truth to suit their own purposes are the real culprits.

#29     Nov 3, 2006
  10. Guys, learn to read. I know it's Judy Miller's article so it's hard because she writes ambiguous sentences on purpose to mislead people. But read carefully and you'll see what she is talking about.

These were reports for the UN inspectors, written in 1990's and written in 2002, on Iraqi weapons program after the Persian Gulf War. Experts say that at the time (the time being right after the Persian Gulf War), Saddam was one year away from the bomb. So Saddam was one year away from the bomb in 1990. When we defeated him in 1991, we also disabled his weapons program.

It's not that hard isn't it? If you are still having difficulties with this passage, I suggest that you go back to grade school and take some reading lessons.

#30     Nov 3, 2006