Saddam captured

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newtoet, Dec 14, 2003.

1. KavMan

KavMan

i feel bad for shorts come Monday :D

#11     Dec 14, 2003
  2. Could be the best fade of the year!

#12     Dec 14, 2003
  3. im just glad it didnt happen during trading hours. I have been a little leery of being caught long for some time now.

#13     Dec 14, 2003
  4. I would not overvalue this.
    I was bullish all the time since SP > 1000 but I feel we could gap a bit up and fade down from there.

#14     Dec 14, 2003
  5. jrs3

jrs3

What!!!!!!!! well shoot no more short covering rallys on SADDAM HAS BEEN CAPTURED RUMORS. Oh wait I forgot Bin Ladden is still out their. If the capture him the shorts will have it made.

#15     Dec 14, 2003

6. Great great news, and yes thank God it didn't happen during trading hours.. better less risk than more reward..

Due to the news let's buy some blue chip stocks and hold them long term. :D :D :D

Actually, in all honesty and sadness, I personally know a few people who will do just that.

Cheers

#16     Dec 14, 2003
  7. Bin Laden will be captured, killed, or found dead during Bush's current term or next (he will be re-elected).

History will portray GWB as one of America's greatest Presidents.

#17     Dec 14, 2003
  8. Thank God it's over, and the liberated people of Iraq can now sleep easy, free of the fear of the tyrant Saddam and his lunatic sons... God Bless America and Israel in the Battle against the Evil Doers...

We must not rest, though... we still need to liberate Syria, Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia... let's smoke em out and give em justice... Amen...

#18     Dec 14, 2003
  9. I'm interested in how the market reacts to this news in the coming week or two.

While I'm expecting a rally on this, could it be time to 'sell the news' with respect to Iraq; ie, capturing Saddam bringing 'closure' to the whole 'Iraq rally'? (Of course, Saddam's capture is much symbolic than anything else, as it doesn't really change a whole practically with respect to what was happening in Iraq, but in this game it's the perception (or expectation of others' perception) that counts.)

#19     Dec 14, 2003
  10. saxon

saxon

Read my mind...

#20     Dec 14, 2003