Saddam Capture

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nitro, Dec 14, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

Hmmm,

I have been wondering how the spoos will react to this news.

The pluses are obvious, and IMHO, at this point in the game it is worth at least 10 spoos points of real value, and maybe another 10 of psychological value.

On the minus side to the market, the interrogations will be interesting. Where are the WMD, etc?

One interesting thing to me is that he let himself be captured. If I understand this man correctly, that is not an act of cowardice, but a cold calculated decision. But what would he have to gain at this point? My guess is he is going to damage the Bush WhiteHouse. I believe that deals were attempted before the ultimatums, perhaps even deals with "("Chenney's) Halliburton for part of the oil contracts. It is possible that what is coming out about the involvement of Halliburton/Chenney and Hussein/Iraqi oil will cause some market instability. Of course, that will play itself out over days/weeks, so it probably has no ill effects in the short term.

On the infinitely more important human side, this should really reduce the number of attacks and therefore casualties against our troops there. That news is inmesureable.

Let's see how it plays out.

nitro

2. Bring him over and

HOLD OPEN TRIAL

let the dirty laundry air:eek:

3. 2% GAP to the upside on the opening of ES.

20 points, flatline for much of the day, with perhaps a bit of a weaker close. This has really got to kick in a lot of hedge and market neutral strategies since it is the week of Triple Witch!

Should be exciting!

:D