SADDAM ASSASSINATED, SPOOs UP 87 points!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dis, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Someone will have a heart-attack upon seeing this headline. Moderator kindly tone it down or kill it.

Funny thing though, on the Niederhoffermeister (sp?) thread below, Victor mentions his first mentor asking him how his positions would hold up if an airplane crashed into his building. Victor laughed it off, but many years later went bust for the second time on 9/11.

So yes, it is important to be prepared for an assasination of Saddam, or Bush for that matter. Damn the outliers!

#11     Mar 1, 2003
  2. TGregg

TGregg

I'd like to point out to all the successful traders that "fresh meat" is pretty much essential to our continued profits. The rest of my plea is self evident.

#12     Mar 1, 2003
  3. So the financial markets are really just a pyramid scheme?

#13     Mar 1, 2003
  4. "Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the suspected mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks and a senior operative in Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network, was captured Saturday in a joint raid by CIA and Pakistani agents." :D

How is this/will this great news affect the market on Monday morning?

I've got some money to move somewhere, just not sure what would be best... :confused:

#14     Mar 1, 2003
  5. sammybea

sammybea

playing devils advocate.. i like the thread. This is could easily become a reality. If your blood pressure rises or actually have a heart attack, then you should do a reality check and not be in the markets. Kill the thread? Why?? The important point should not be lost. There can be a shock to the markets at any time. War or not. Don't be leveraged where you can be wiped out. Hell, GW can die of a heart attack tonight, and it would have nothing to do with the war. Would you be prepared for that?? Disappointed with how people want this thread to simply disappear. Thank you for a wakeup call.

#15     Mar 1, 2003
  6. dis

dis

Those upset by this thread are precisely the kind of people who should not hold positions overnight in this market. Btw, in the absence of a limit-up for SPOOs, the Globex 5%/40pt limit-up would not be of much help.

#16     Mar 2, 2003