Sad Sad Day for PALM,RIMM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by WallstYouth, Jan 9, 2007.

1. I feel as if I've already done this in another thread, but I just want to correct your misconception that apple's phone only has 5 hour battery LIFE. In fact, the 5 hours is of talk/video/browsing/etc. time. The audio playback time is SIXTEEN (caps for emphasis) hours. The standby time wasn't released, but I assume it is something much, much, muuch longer than 16 hours.

Finally, if you go on the PALM website and look up their newest Treo, the 680 I believe, it only has 4 hours of talk time. an hour less than the iPhone. Compare the screens and the quality of the picture - I could be wrong, but I feel apple's battery blows everything else away.

#31     Jan 10, 2007
  2. Yeah, 5 hours of "Talk Time" is as good as anything else out there. I'm sure on standby it's something like 3 days. No different than anything else out right now.

#32     Jan 10, 2007
  3. Well I took the rimm plunge today and went long. I guess the next few days will tell me whether I was an idiot or not.

#33     Jan 10, 2007
  4. Well now if I am an idiot it is because I left too much money on the table. In at 133.69 out at 135.61. Now looking to get back in again.

#34     Jan 10, 2007
  5. nassau

nassau

we are doing the same here, see rimm low 129-131 high 136-38
    it should stay in this range until the announcement of the new blackberry shortly.
    we are not holding our long positions overnight at this price for safety but are trying to max our op's on each dollar or two moves.
    great premiums being offered with options
    personally I believe rimm has to test 90-100 area to continue on its rally.
    good luck with your trades.

w

#35     Jan 10, 2007
  6. good luck to you as well. I have a buy order in at 133.95 but I don't know if it will get hit.

#36     Jan 10, 2007
  7. nassau

nassau

based upon our indicators rimm is a short now 13550 area with a retractment to 134-13320 area before days end.

w

#37     Jan 10, 2007
  8. I really wanted to swing trade this to 138. I really think it can make it there in the next couple of days so I will keep my buy at 133.95 through today, although you are worrying me a little.

#38     Jan 10, 2007
  9. nassau

nassau

we are more comfortable starting to scale into a short than holding a long if we are going to hold it overnight
    we enter long positions 30dollar area and see with current news a good reason for the stock to test supports. I would personally only hold on a long position when the stock retest 90-100dollar area. I also am not saying it will happen tomorrow.
    rimm will announce new blackberry anytime now so that is the only reason we even play the stock long in this range. Our longs are exited faster than our shorts.
    good luck
    w

#39     Jan 10, 2007
  10. Well it doesn't look like my buy limit order will be touched today so tomorrow may hold some great opportunities.

#40     Jan 10, 2007