sad day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Free Thinker, Jan 29, 2007.

1. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/29/D8MV31RG0.html

KENNETT SQUARE, Pa. (AP) -- Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro was euthanized Monday after complications from his breakdown at the Preakness last May.
    "We just reached a point where it was going to be difficult for him to go on without pain," co-owner Roy Jackson said. "It was the right decision, it was the right thing to do. We said all along if there was a situation where it would become more difficult for him then it would be time."

2. Wonder if the people who saddened at the putting down of this horse, feel equally sad when horses are slaughtered for commercial purposes....

http://www.kaufmanzoning.net/horsemeat/

Americans are a funny lot. I am guessing there is a good chance that the wake for Barbaro has dead animals served for the meal...

3. No...... They will be serving live animals so they are fresh...

I hear horses will be the main meal.

They will be tied down of course, and you can take your knife
    and slice a fresh chunk out of them and eat it all bloody...

You know, like in the good ol' days before man discovered fire...:)

4. Actually version, there are a number of accounts from various steppe peoples, whereby bear claws were cooked while attached to the living bear.

It was supposed to provide more flavour , via cooking the animal alive effectively, and there's plenty to suggest horse's were "bled", like the masai consume cow blood, or consumed practically raw, after cursory butchering by many nomadic eurasian tribes.

Just thought id mention that, you know........but your probably familiar with those practices already.

5. Wasn't aware of the bear claw cooking bit. I would think the bear
    wouldn't put up with this whatsoever...:p

Didn't know about the horses that were bled either. I know the
    masai just love their cow blood. But horse blood? Now that has to
    be quite tasty for sure. Add a little milk, and you have a fine protein
    milkshake...:)

6. How about eating monkey brains while the monkey is still alive? I forget who does this, maybe in Brazil.

7. Does Mark Foley put live juvenile testicles in his mouth?:D

8. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Parts of China do this ritual of eating monkey brains.

9. Geez, we eat things alive everyday. Haven't anyone had a fresh garden salad? Those vegetables are still alive when you chew on them. What do you think their feelings are?

Sure, plants have feelings too.
    http://www.gardenseeker.com/do_plants_have_feelings_.htm
    "Plants also use their sense of touch for sex"

If you're grossed out by eating things alive, then your only choice is to do photosynthesis yourself.

10. No, i rather surmise they wouldn't like it very much at all.

Even watching iron chef, where they rip lobsters in half and start cooking the tail ,while the little beastie is crawling around the table weirds me out.
    :eek:

I love eating, but if i had to do all the butchering myself, i dont know how i'd fare.

Probably eat a lot less meat, for a start.......

#10     Jan 30, 2007