Sad day for Americans...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PohPoh, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Makloda you don't even live here in the US.

#31     Sep 8, 2008
  2. It will return and be passed in the middle of the night when only a percentage of voting members will be there. Read about it the next day. Politricksters know the game. Oh, and look for a distraction story about that time... perhaps something about Georgia?

#32     Sep 8, 2008
  3. not 'will return' more like 'has returned', i get an email from NumbersUSA today

and when i went to their site for the action info details, their site was running slooooooooooooooow, which made me very happy

lots of people doing the same thing

#33     Sep 8, 2008
  4. Actually, while I have no blame to spread personally for NAFTA (since my life is not dependent upon cheap imported goods that have to be replaced instead of fixed), many people in my life have been ruined by NAFTA, GATT et al. I have read NAFTA and issue an open challenge to anyone to do the same and then take up their soapbox to defend it. I defy you. NAFTA finished off what began decades ago, to rid this nation of its manufacturing base and eliminate the living wage job for middle America.

PS: The NAFTA treaty is 6,192 pages with side agreements. Waiting...

#34     Sep 8, 2008
  5. people like him are exactly what's wrong with out country right now - foreign interlopers urging the citizen into inaction

#35     Sep 8, 2008
  6. This is so funny how Landis shows up when Makloda is getting shit on , the Makloda shows up when Landis is getting punched in the gut.

These two are dumb as dirt and thinks its un American to voice your opinion.

When in reality its more un American to sit and do notihng like they do.

They patrol this site like trolls, defending the establishment.

#36     Sep 8, 2008
  7. At least they do not introduce new, incessant trolling threads like Vue did.

#37     Sep 8, 2008
  8. actually, they have amazingly similar posts, even word usage ;)

"They patrol this site like trolls"

they? or he?

#38     Sep 8, 2008
  9. Out of 7 pages of emotional clap trap this guy is the only person to have made an intelligent comment.....

#39     Sep 8, 2008
  10. While I agree with your assessment that our children will be paying for this for decades to come and the irresponsible folks who made and took those loans should stew in their own misery I have to think about what life would be like if the government DIDN'T do this? It would be a worldwide depression all over again and our kids would be begging for a loaf of bread or breaking into your neighbors house to steal their milk. It would be the Great Depression II. There is no easy way out of this but rest assured, you do not want to such a division of wealth as we saw after 1929.

#40     Sep 8, 2008